Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoys me when people say the game is bullshit. The main game developer @ SIMiles on Twitter has confirmed every speculation possible

Using the same team-talk/half-time talk repetitively demotivates players after 2-3 games which is consistent with people's complaints that they win 7 then lose 7, you have to mix up the team talks while keeping their reactions green.

Look at in real-life. If for the 46 weeks your Manager told you "you can win this" then "dont get complacent" you'd want to knee the **** in the jaw? - The key to consistency is keeping your reactions green whilst not using the same ones for after 2-4 games.

Let's not get complacent out there lads.

Player 'x' looks confused. What the flip?

Anyhoo. managed to find a winning formula with Wolves. I'm happy.

Season 22 - 2034/2035
League Finish: 15th (Championship)
Manager(s): Danny Butterfield a.k.a. The Saviour
Owner: Simon Moran (Loves the Club)
Finances: Okay
Estimated Value: £17.8M
Top Scorer: Dean Sutton, 31 (The lad's at it again, the next Super Kev)
Player of the Season: Dean Sutton, 6.98
Average Attendance: 22,925/53,520 (5th Largest)
We are a Feeder Club to Manchester United now.

Lost 4-1 away but won 1-0 at home to the Mags

Let's take a little waltz through the leagues:
Premier League:
Logon or register to see this image

Championship:

League One:

League Two:

Other interesting things:
  • Preston North End relegated to the Conference North
  • Stoke are in the Champions League
  • Modena finished second in the Serie A

Earlier on, my AMC got injured on 8 mins. My sub AMC got injured on 10 mins. My sub sub AMC got injured on 87 mins. Proper class like. I've lost count of the times a reporter has asked the good old "you hit the woodwork..." question too. It's stupid.

FUCK RIGHT OFF. I think me game is fucked. It won't load any of my saves. I'll be gutted if it doesn't fix.

Earlier on, my AMC got injured on 8 mins. My sub AMC got injured on 10 mins. My sub sub AMC got injured on 87 mins. Proper class like. I've lost count of the times a reporter has asked the good old "you hit the woodwork..." question too. It's stupid.

FUCK RIGHT OFF. I think me game is fucked. It won't load any of my saves. I'll be gutted if it doesn't fix.
Just the one that is knacked. My most recent one but I still have one or two which are about half a season back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just the one that is knacked. My most recent one but I still have one or two which are about half a season back.

Google your error and you may be able to restore your save to an earlier point. When my Gladbach/Dresden save fucked I initially lost a whole season but after a restore I managed to get half of it back.

Google your error and you may be able to restore your save to an earlier point. When my Gladbach/Dresden save fucked I initially lost a whole season but after a restore I managed to get half of it back.
I did and I couldn't find the thing in properties. It's no great loss.

Made 14 signings totalling £9.75 million including a young lad from Sporting Braga for £400 :lol:
Finally parted ways with my German striker who I bought originally for £5,000 sold for £4.2 million to 1860 Munchen

I am absolutely awful at tactics but atleast I make it up with Scouting

Made 14 signings totalling £9.75 million including a young lad from Sporting Braga for £400 :lol:
Finally parted ways with my German striker who I bought originally for £5,000 sold for £4.2 million to 1860 Munchen

I am absolutely awful at tactics but atleast I make it up with Scouting
Is this with Bath? I need a bottom to top game. Do you have any recommendations? I think @IknowWhatILike did it with Telford.

Season 23 - 2035/2036
League Finish: 15th again (Championship)
Manager(s): Danny Butterfield
Owner: Simon Moran (Loves the Club)
Finances: Insecure
Estimated Value: £13.74M
Top Scorer: Dean Sutton, 24 (72 goals in 120 games)
Player of the Season: Dean Sutton, 7.01
Average Attendance: 20,727/53,520 (5th Largest)

It's been 14 years since we were last in the Premier League

As of now Super Dean is refusing to sign a new contract - the greedy get.

Other interesting things:
  • Stoke drew twice with Bayern and beat inter but still went out at the group stages of the Champions League
  • Leeds back down into League 1
  • Brentford up into the Prem

Wow! Reading through some of these post and alls I can say is wow use are all beasts at this!! Going to restart my game this afternoon & use some of your tips, will keep you all posted.........

I'm shit at it so far always get relegated as sunderland every 1st season then give up & start again. Going to get stuck in at it this time. Can't believe some of you are up to 2038!!!! I would love to see how many hours game time use have had on it.

I'll have to check mine when I go on the computer later. I reckon about 600/700 which is shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back