FM15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mint at this years footy man like. Sunderland just sacked Poyet I'm tempted to declare interest.

Only Wickham still plays regular, alongside Immobile :lol:.

Immobile is shit hot on my FM like, scored something like 35 goals last season (2016/17) for QPR! Won the European Golden Boot award.

I'm struggling to find a striker for my Derby side, still relying on Johnny Russell who tbf is doing the biz despite his shit stats. Finished 10th last season. 15th the year before. Progressing quite nicely.

Started a season with Watford a while back. Mixed fortunes first season, ended up finishing 7th (surprised it wasn't lower as the squad isn't that great to begin with) and that was largely down to 32 goals from Troy Deeney in all competitions and 16 from Matej Vydra. Had to bargain to keep my job as the chairman wasn't happy but just managed to after agreeing of a minimum of 9 points in the first 5 games.

Had a mass clear out in the second season with bids flying in for my players from all owa. Deeney had his head turned by newly promoted Derby so managed to get £10M for him which I needed to restructure the squad, plus reasonable figures for Anya, Ekstrand, Paredes, Dyer, Abdi and Cathcart.

Following that the team generally sets up like this:

GK - Fernando Pacheco (Free from Castilla - Real B Team)
DR (Full back in support) - Marco Motta (free from Juventus, £11.5K a week)
DL (Full back in support) - Goran Popov/Jim Fenlon (Popov £625K in 1st season, Fenlon free from Ross County)
DC (Central defender in defence) - Tommie Hoban (young lad brought through)
DC (Central defender in defence) - Greg Halford/Gabriel Angella
MR (Winger in attack) - Juanfran (pre agreed transfer at start of game for £1.3M, excellent at this level)
ML (Winger in attack) - Dusan Svento (former FM legend, £1.1M from FC Koln)
MC (Advanced plamaker in support) - Anderson (free from Man United, on £19K a week but excellent for the level)
MC (Central midfielder in support/defence) - Daniel Tozer (two year loan from 1st season)
ST (Target man in support) - Pavel Pogrebnyak (£1.2M from recently relegated Reading)
ST (Poacher) - Ezquiel Ponce (£5M from Newell's)

Play standard mentality with instructions to retain possession. Often change to a more direct style in match to break down some teams, with increased closing down.

Also got in Alex Nimely from Swindon for £625K and Facundo Parra on a free, both generally act as defensive forwards. Andy Reid on loan and Andrea Lazzari on a free as centre midfield and wing cover. Also got Andreas Laudrup on a free who can cover left and right wings.

Pogrebnyak has proved a good replacement for Denney (although age is not on his side) with 8 goals in 13 games, and Ponce has started well with 7 in 15 games, chipping in 3 assists. Svento had chipped in with 4 goals, Juanfran 3 with 8 assists, Nimely has got 4 goals and 2 assists (largely from the bench) and Lazarri has scored 3 (again, mostly from the bench). The loss of Deeney was a fairly big one but I've managed to heavily improve the spread of goals whilst maintaining a steady flow from the strikers and the improved defence/goalkeeper has tightened us up considerably. The improved quality of midfielders has improved our range of passing and assists throughout the team.

After 15 games of the second season, I'm sitting in 1st with 38 points with 35 goals scored and only 15 conceded. Looks like I was proved right in keeping my job thus far.

There's ne update yet.
There was a like 1mb update over Xmas which added Martin Odergaard to the game but that's it.

My Barrow team now in League 1 :)

Just played my first game of FM for about 7 year. Man United at home. Winning 1-0, Johnson in the 6th minute. Phil Bastard Face Jones (that is how he will now be known) scores a hat trick.

81st, 84th and 89th minute.

Bastard C8(1

Nice one cheers do you have to install it before you start the game?

Going to make a new save, a Sunderland save, where I don't sign any players and only rely on youth players, hoping to be financially sound and playing lads from Sunderland, will also count the number of times, I get sacked and have to add a new manager :lol:

Quick update: we are very poor and I think I might beat derbys record.

Last edited:
Going to make a new save, a Sunderland save, where I don't sign any players and only rely on youth players, hoping to be financially sound and playing lads from Sunderland, will also count the number of times, I get sacked and have to add a new manager :lol:

Quick update: we are very poor and I think I might beat derbys record.
Not sure If there local lads but Ethan Robson in cm & Thomas Robson LB were sound for me like when i done the youth way, i lasted a season & a half before i got my first sacking.

Not sure If there local lads but Ethan Robson in cm & Thomas Robson LB were sound for me like when i done the youth way, i lasted a season & a half before i got my first sacking.

I'm counting anyone who came through the youths as local :lol:

I haven't signed anyone but my head of youth signed that lad madrid have just signed irl, didn't know they could do that without my say so.

Just started playing this again after a few months break, carried on with my Hartlepool save in the fourth season in the Championship (back to back promotions and a Championship play off final loss). Started off really well, top after 25 games. Ended up f***ing 8th or 9th after a complete implosion :lol: f***ing great.

I'm counting anyone who came through the youths as local :lol:

I haven't signed anyone but my head of youth signed that lad madrid have just signed irl, didn't know they could do that without my say so.
I they can, you can change it like, it's in staff resresponsibility & just set it to u controlling who u sign through the youth system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back