FM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Crewe get many decent players through their academy on this?

So so, Mike Bebson came through in season two and he is playing for England at 19.

Had one other centre half come through who is 3* and two more in the last two seasons with 4* potential but I can tell from their stats they won't be great.

They start with some really good youngsters, Oliver Finney and Josh Lundstram were both class for me, Lundstram fucked off when we were in the championship though.

Sule is quality, I got lucky getting him for £14m-ish when Hoffenheim we're relegated. Lucas has been good too but he shares the other centre back slot with my regen centre half Rocchi. Lucas has been particularly useful at left back this season when Bastoni has been injured. His stats at first may not be spectacular but he matures well!
Cheers mate I bought him and sold Mammana and will use Lucas more (CB/LB)this coming season only had him since the Jan window

Signed Jack Collison for Hartlepool, made of glass :lol: tore his groin muscle and was out for 2 months about a week after signing, finally got him fit (he got a cold and was out for a week in this period as well...) after a couple of run outs for the under 21's, plays two games and gets man of the match twice in our two best performances of the season so far and then fractures his wrist and is out for two months :lol: frustrating as fuck. Can't say it's too unrealistic like.

Brought in Neil Danns on a free transfer as well, was fully match fit surprisingly as well considering it was October when I got him. Played one game and then said he needed a holiday for three weeks ffs, lazy git.

Last edited:
Signed Jack Collison for Hartlepool, made of glass :lol: tore his groin muscle and was out for 2 months about a week after signing, finally got him fit (he got a cold and was out for a week in this period as well...) after a couple of run outs for the under 21's, plays two games and gets man of the match twice in our two best performances of the season so far and then fractures his wrist and is out for two months :lol: frustrating as fuck. Can't say it's too unrealistic like.

Brought in Neil Danns on a free transfer as well, was fully match fit surprisingly as well considering it was October when I got him. Played one game and then said he needed a holiday for three weeks ffs, lazy git.
:lol::lol:

Just bought this for £17 on steam

Going to start a game as sunderland, any recommended signings to get the ball rolling

Going to start a game as sunderland, any recommended signings to get the ball rolling

Andrija Živković

Lincoln

Also look to getting some decent backroom staff - there are plenty lists available online. I've got Steve Round as my current number two.

Possibly for the first time ever I've just completed a swap deal with a club for a player!

We wanted Goncalo Guedes from Bayern, they fancied Delgadillo. So we offered £4.3m and the player and it all went through! Saved myself a £50m transfer fee purely by being savvy :lol:

£50 million?? Money I can only dream of, I've signed a 3 year contract on £400 a week, should be an option to" learn a trade" so I can work on evenings and pay my f***ing rent in this Russian shit hole Haha @Steesafc

The centre half Celtic have just bought in real life, Sviatchenko I think his name is. Relatively cheap and will be your best centre back.

Has anyone gone from a huge club after winning everything to a gash team and started again?
Just won the FA cup and came 2nd in the prem with Pompey but have no money what so ever and struggling now. Took them as far as I can. Thinking of going to Iceland to manage...

Been offered job interviews at Gillingham & Oldham (21st & 14th in League One, both below me in the league) in the past week. Starting to think I've made the big time at Hartlepool :cool:

Been a while since I've been able to complete another season on this, still with Fredrikstad in the Norwegian PL and of course we're still winning titles. In our third time of asking though, we finally didn't finish bottom of a Champions League group - a third place finish ahead of Ajax means we've qualified for the Europa League and have a very favourable tie against Maccabi Tel-Aviv in the first knock out stage. It's a struggle at times keeping hold of our best players as they're all wanted by some fairly big clubs around Europe; for example our 18 year old centre midfielder brought through the academy has had bids put in by Man City, Barca, Chelsea and Real Madrid - and that's just the start of it. Problem we have is we just can't accept any offers that come in because due to the league's reputation I'd be selling for way less than they're actually worth and it would be nigh on impossible to find suitable replacements for a similar price.

The biggest challenge now with this save is getting the league's reputation up to a stage where it gets to a similar level to those outside the big 5. I think it's up to about 19th in rep now, up around 6 or 7 places from when we first won the league, and I always make sure when I'm selling players to sell to clubs in the same division. We've just sold a lad to Odd for 750k who was no more than a squad player for us, but is still one of the best players in the division outside of our squad - hopefully raising the competitiveness and overall quality of the league will mean those clubs do better in Europe, pushing along the league's reputation even faster.

for example our 18 year old centre midfielder brought through the academy has had bids put in by Man City, Barca, Chelsea and Real Madrid - and that's just the start of it.

Hoy up a screenshot if you've got the time mate, quite interested to see what his attributes are. Stuff like this on the game has always interested me, someone on another forum did similar with the Irish league a few years back. I don't think I'd ever have the patience to play it out that long without getting bored in the league.

Hoy up a screenshot if you've got the time mate, quite interested to see what his attributes are. Stuff like this on the game has always interested me, someone on another forum did similar with the Irish league a few years back. I don't think I'd ever have the patience to play it out that long without getting bored in the league.

Logon or register to see this image

Just turned 18 anarl. I don't know if he'll ever be top quality, but for a team like ours he's a nice option to have. High determination is always a nice bonus to have on the young'uns, if they get regular game time their attributes just go through the roof.

Just turned 18 anarl. I don't know if he'll ever be top quality, but for a team like ours he's a nice option to have. High determination is always a nice bonus to have on the young'uns, if they get regular game time their attributes just go through the roof.

Daft that he's only worth that much. The league might be not highly rated surely he'd be worth a bit more than that, I've got a 20 year old worth 500k at Hartlepool who's PA won't be anywhere near the level of that lad. Determination's the only mental attribute I look at when signing a young kid :lol: maybe should change it and look for more like, but aye it's definitely the most important one. Got a 16 year old who's got a 5* PA with 14/15 determination getting tutored by all the decent Pro's with different PPM's and good determination to try and get the best out of him. Determination was only 11 when he first came into the academy so a decent progress in less than a year.

Won my 3rd title in a row with Steaua and also completed the double with a win in the Romanian Cup. In previous seasons I've always just holidayed the domestic cups then it dawned on me what a numpty I had been having been knocked out of the first cup this season. My aim is to become top of the hall of fame and here I am throwing the towel in. So didn't holiday the equivalent of the FA Cup and won that, so 2 trophies to my name should see me move closer to that top spot and then I'm off to another country. I'll be checking league reps to help decide where to head off to.

On a personal note as well, my rep is now a smidgen off 3 stars. Makes me feel I am already well equipped for a better league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back