FM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be up for an SMB online game, or an SMB Fantasy Draft? Played the latter a couple of times, it's canny but you have to be bloody quick when making a shortlist haha

How does this work mate, never really looked into the multi-player options for this game in years? Are all players free agents and you choose who you want in or do you get a set budget to buy players? Also, do you pick players in turns or do you all challenge for the same players?

Just finished off my second season at Peterhead following promotion from Scottish League One last term:

Logon or register to see this image

Well happy with that. We had a busy pre-season with several key players refusing to sign new deals with us. We managed to engineer a couple of decent deals with free agents though despite the pitiful financial state we are in. We are probably the smallest club in the league and were predicted to finish bottom of the pile by the so called experts at the start of the year. I knew we never had a hope in hell of promotion with Rangers and Hibs still hovering around in the second tier, thankfully they have both been promoted and hopefully with several improvements to the first team in the Summer we can make a run at a play off place in 2016/17.

One takeover deal with a local businessman failed during the campaign but we are currently in the process of another one (again local businessman). Kind of hoping it falls through again and a tycoon arrives from somewhere!

How does this work mate, never really looked into the multi-player options for this game in years? Are all players free agents and you choose who you want in or do you get a set budget to buy players? Also, do you pick players in turns or do you all challenge for the same players?

It works pretty well. You basically decide whether you want to use a small (10m) medium (50m) or large (250m) budget for each player, then you get 5 mins or so to make a quick shortlist. It then works like a normal draft, with each player taking turns to buy a player (at market value, wages don't matter) until you have at least 15 players (Max 25). The order the players pick in changes each time. Then you can have a league or a tournament or whatever

It works pretty well. You basically decide whether you want to use a small (10m) medium (50m) or large (250m) budget for each player, then you get 5 mins or so to make a quick shortlist. It then works like a normal draft, with each player taking turns to buy a player (at market value, wages don't matter) until you have at least 15 players (Max 25). The order the players pick in changes each time. Then you can have a league or a tournament or whatever

That sounds very interesting indeed.

That sounds very interesting indeed.

Yeah, I had my doubts before I played it, but it works out really well. Would be ideal for the SMB aswell as it wouldn't take as long as a regular season! Might start a separate thread for it...

Yeah, I had my doubts before I played it, but it works out really well. Would be ideal for the SMB aswell as it wouldn't take as long as a regular season! Might start a separate thread for it...

Double posting, but just to clarify, there are 3 modes, a knockout comp for up to 32 players, a league for up to 6, and a head to head for two. I reckon given enough players the tourney could be a good shout?

Last edited by a moderator:
After saying Id finally got a bit of form with Sunderland, I lost about 8 in a row. 34year old Pantilimon is crap and my back up Heaton got injured for 2 months. Ended up resigning on Boxing Day after being stuffed by bottom side West Ham 7-3 even though I was winning 2-0 :):)
Fortunately the Inter Milan job was available so got offered that and took that on instead.They were 13th in Serie A but now iv got them to within two points of 4th. Still in the Europa League aswell.

Flying with Sassuolo won the 2016/17 Serie A title and are top 21 games into 2017/18 with Real Madrid coming up in the CL knock out Giovanni Simeone is a class striker 19 goals in 20 league games bought from River as a replacement for Charlie Austin

Bastard PSG have just matched Andrija Zivkovic's £53m release clause (signed on a free) :evil: Luckily I'd just signed Martin Odegaard for £8m upfront and £7m to be paid over 48mth so pretty much got a ready made replacement to slot in

Strongest side how it looks at the moment

Last edited:
Sat at work and can't help thinking once my time at Steaua is complete I may have to go to China and conquer before coming back to Europe. The real life deal of Alex Texeria has me thinking and sure it would be a challenge...
Chinese teams can't attract anyone decent on the game.

Flying with Sassuolo won the 2016/17 Serie A title and are top 21 games into 2017/18 with Real Madrid coming up in the CL knock out Giovanni Simeone is a class striker 19 goals in 20 league games bought from River as a replacement for Charlie Austin

Bastard PSG have just matched Andrija Zivkovic's £53m release clause (signed on a free) :evil: Luckily I'd just signed Martin Odegaard for £8m upfront and £7m to be paid over 48mth so pretty much got a ready made replacement to slot in

Strongest side how it looks at the moment

Hirving Lozano :cool:

I've not been convinced by this years match engine so I decided to conduct a little test.

Spezia (18th) v Verona (2nd)

Form last 5 games : DLWLL - DLWWD

The test would consist of playing the fixture five times.

Game 1 - Spezia 2-0 Verona
Game 2 - Spezia 1-0 Verona
Game 3 - Spezia 3-2 Verona
Game 4 - Spezia 2-1 Verona
Game 5 - Spezia 1-3 Verona

Now realistically a side 3rd from bottom would not win this fixture 4 out of 5 times, perhaps they'd sneak a win and a draw from that. Just goes to show how pre-determined results can be and that spoils the experience for me.

In the interest of fairness i loaded up again to play the fixture properly...

Spezia 2-0 Verona :lol:

Its a real reason I've been struggling to play the game much the last two weeks or so!

Biggest game of the season, last ten minutes is like a game out of Dream Team or something :lol: from disaster to triumph in seconds!

One of them moments where you can't help yourself celebrating :oops::lol:

aaaaaand to follow that up, Portsmouth are beaten 1-0 at the Vic and promotion and the title is coming to Hartlepool :cool:

Last edited:
Following 6-0 and 5-2 victories we have Juve at home, who we were 4 points behind. Obviously a huge game!

Dominate early on, then the usual shite. Our freekick from the keeper, plays it short to midfield and we lose the ball, they counter and score for 0-1. A min later Pogba gets a straight red and we absolutely batter them.

But on this game once you go a goal behind thats it.

23 shots 7 on target to their 5 shots 3 on target, 0-1 away win for Juve putting the gap to 7 points.

Boring, predictable and bullshit.

Just had my most exciting yet heartbreaking season with SAFC. After a plucky 3rd place finish in season 3 I qualified for Champions league. League form suffered badly due to the small squad I had and the injury of Adrija Zivkovic for 4 months. On his return went on an amazing run where I nicked 4th place on final day v Chelsea beating the champions Arsenal at home whilst they lost at home to West Ham. A big part of that was the form of my striker Andrea Bolotti. After dumping Barca out in the QF then drawing Porto in the semis, a final v Leverkusen looked like the trophy was coming home. Sadly Belotti was injured after 13 mins and wantaway Striker Babacar had to come on, his constolation goal in the 2-1 lost wasnt enough as the Mackems went empty handed.

I know you lads on here say winning Champions league is easy, but this is the closest ive ever come with Sunderland, Hoping season 4 brings the league title and Champions league home. 40m budget with 500k a week wage limit.

The Argentine league is completely bizarre. It's a 30 team league for starters. Then you plat 30 games. You play every team once and your local derby twice - on the first and last day of the season. :lol: Then there are play offs for continental football that stretch down to 18th in the league. The top 2 and the cup winners qualify for the Libertadores with 3rd-6th playing for the last 2 spots (the losing finalists going into the preliminary rounds. Then 7th-18th play have a 1 off game with the 6 winners and the 2 losing semi finalists from the earlier playoffs going into a final 8. The winner of each of those games then qualify for the Copa Sudamerica.

So after sitting 15th half way through the season, I managed to get Boca up to 6th and sneak the final Libertadores playoff spot. Unfortunately though, Independiente beat me 2-0 and I had to settle for a Sudamericana place. On the up side, I'm delighted with my new tactical approach and will spend the transfer window buying a lot of players who fit my system. I've already sold a couple of players for a few players for £3-7m with good add ons so should have a bit of cash to spend.

top with burnley 38 points in 19 games happy days, quality loan signings on harry winks,tom beadling, tyias browning,kyle lafferty, betrand traore, brad smith, Jordan rossiter and Rolando arrons doing the buisness

Took a break from Peterhead to finish off season 8 with SAFC.

We finally ended the club's League Cup hoodoo with a comfortable yet narrow win over Man Utd at Wembley:

I am still yet to win the FA Cup however, we seem to end up with a tough away game in the early rounds every year and we inevitably bow out. Spurs did for us this year. We also lost to Barcelona in the European Super Cup final but we were able to claim the Community Shield (2-0 win over Crystal Palace) and the Club World Cup (2-0 win over Boca.

The league was a cake walk as we blew teams away home and away despite the fact we lack a world class striker. Neither Luka Jovic or Craig Wighton were able to surpass 20 goals this season. Thankfully we have the best player in the world on the left flank, Douglas Moreno contributed 39 goals and 37 assists in 55 games this year. We are the first club in history to win four league titles in a row (in England) whilst we have now surpassed Everton with 10 titles in our entire history, the next team to surpass is Arsenal who have 13.

Our mission to win a 2nd straight European Cup saw us easily top a group containing Metalist, Lyon and Red Bull Salzburg. We then drew 0-0 in Paris before beating PSG 3-1 at the SoL in the 1st knock out round. The quarter final 1st leg was played in Turin against Juventus who were probably the best side left in the competition (beside ourselves of course). We led 2-1 with 11 minutes left but somehow lost 4-3 thanks to some disgusting defending. In the 2nd leg however we were 5-0 up after 52 minutes in a game we went on to win 8-0. We easily swatted away Barcelona 3-0 in the 1st leg of the semi-finals at the SoL and then won 3-2 at the Nou Camp in a game Barca dominated but I didn't care. The final was against Valencia at Old Trafford, a game we were comfortable favourites to win:

We were terrible in this game much to my annoyance but thankfully we managed to overcome the Spanish outfit after extra time. The game confirmed what I already knew: that I need a world class striker to signal the beginning of a sustained period of dominance in world football. We have a world class player in every position except up front and I'm prepared to shatter transfer records to get the right man in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back