FM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it I'm going to get this tonight.

Will be starting with Sunderland, few questions though as although I've had the previous ones never played them a massive deal

- Scouting, when you bring in scouts, what's the best way to utilise them? Send them to the country they're most knowledgeable with or to a country they know less about but you'd imagine had more talent in it?
- Free transfers, what's the best way when searching for free transfers to filter out all of the shit ones and look at the decent ones? Add attributes in to the search or something? The list is massive and not sure on how to get a much smaller one
- Training, what type of training do people set up? never really bothered with it much in the past but if I'm gunna do it I want to do it properly

cheers!

Fuck it I'm going to get this tonight.

Will be starting with Sunderland, few questions though as although I've had the previous ones never played them a massive deal

- Scouting, when you bring in scouts, what's the best way to utilise them? Send them to the country they're most knowledgeable with or to a country they know less about but you'd imagine had more talent in it?
- Free transfers, what's the best way when searching for free transfers to filter out all of the shit ones and look at the decent ones? Add attributes in to the search or something? The list is massive and not sure on how to get a much smaller one
- Training, what type of training do people set up? never really bothered with it much in the past but if I'm gunna do it I want to do it properly

cheers!

Depends what you want out of your scouting, I'll send them to as many different countries as possible first and then send them again to build up their knowledge once I've got basic knowledge on all of the countries I want. If you set your nationality and second nationality as French and Belgian for example, you'll start with good knowledge on both, some might class that as cheating but you can't scout anywhere other than the UK when you're in the lower leagues!

Position and attribute filter is the way I do it but you can miss out on the older players if you put the pace/stamina/natural fitness up too high. If you're playing as Sunderland the list shouldn't be massive if you use the filters correctly.

I haven't set up training on the new one, just set the intensity to high in pre season and then dropped it back down once the season started, attributes seems to be going the right way.

Depends what you want out of your scouting, I'll send them to as many different countries as possible first and then send them again to build up their knowledge once I've got basic knowledge on all of the countries I want. If you set your nationality and second nationality as French and Belgian for example, you'll start with good knowledge on both, some might class that as cheating but you can't scout anywhere other than the UK when you're in the lower leagues!

Position and attribute filter is the way I do it but you can miss out on the older players if you put the pace/stamina/natural fitness up too high. If you're playing as Sunderland the list shouldn't be massive if you use the filters correctly.

I haven't set up training on the new one, just set the intensity to high in pre season and then dropped it back down once the season started, attributes seems to be going the right way.
Cheers for that mate

One week before the start of the season. Wes brown injured. 6-8 f***ing month. Not getting him off the wage bill quick am I. Might give this save up its terrible being a Sunderland manager.

Started season 4 with Tamworth - Lost first 5 games, conceded a penalty in each one and have yet to score a goal. In two of the games I failed to have a shot either on or off target.

Finding this rock hard this year, had 3 different saves with Sunderland so far and been sacked in Nov/Dec every time.

Can't seem to offload players to free some funds and constantly get injuries. Tried 3 different formations/tactics in those 3 saves too.

Just started one of those create-a-club seasons and overwritten Arsenal so big budgets and plenty squad value. Front 4 of Neymar, Messi, Bale, Aguero :lol: probably still do terrible.

Finding it a little more testing. Not to buy a decent team, that's easy with the money you receive from season 3 onwards.

On 5 or 6th and gone crazy on free transfers so have about a 30 man squad with youngsters. Its not that difficult to play them all with the amount of injuries and the uefa cup.

Tamworth season 4 - P11 W1 D1 L9 - the players call a meeting and say I'm tactically shit (yup despite saving the club from relegation in S1, winning the league in S2 and finishing 14 places above expected in S3) despite the fact in 11 they've scored 3 own goals and conceded 9 penalties.
The 11th game sees me winning 3-0 only to lose 3-4, board calls me in 'the players are shit' the board agree ... I resign. In my resignation interview I call the players donkeys, the fans mags and the board club destroyers.
At least I've still got Finland U21s and 2 games a season

I got loads of players in on loan to bolster my Crewe squad at no cost, a few of the parent club managers keep asking me why I'm not playing them and I've fobbed them off every time saying I'm going to play them. Will they eventually get pissed off and refuse to loan me more players?

Said I wouldn't bother with it but I'm proper tempted to get this now.

It does my head in but I seemingly can't resist.

I managed to skip last year's version completely after playing almost 1100 hours on FM2013 and about 850 hours on FM2014 (according to Steam, although in fairness I probably just left it running a lot when I was in bed or afk), but I'm definitely feeling the itch today.

Think I'm taking a FM break, got 120hrs so far but going through a spell where I'm dominating and losing every game or conceding in the dying minutes for a draw. Was raging it this afternoon, closed it down and it crashed, logged me out of Steam and when I managed to log back in over 300Gb of games had been deleted ... sick to death with football atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back