FM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got sacked last night as Sunderland manager, was in december and they ended up appointing Turkish manager who got them relegated. He has now been sacked and we have appointed Steve Bruce :lol:

Started a game unemployed.

Had a few jobs offers around October/November time from Fulham, Oldham and Colchester but none 'felt right'. Got to mid march time and Forest were after a new manager, so I applied for that, and ended up getting the job. They were in 19th place, only a couple of points above the relegation zone and had a serious goalscoring problem. When I took over they had 9 games left. Due to a fair few injuries and a squad that wasn't very creative in midfield anyway, I set them up in a 433 with instructions to be solid at the back, and to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. It worked, as we won 4, drew 3 and lost twice on the way to comfortable survival and a 15th place finish.

I thought in pre-season I could get rid of a lot of the squad, and bring in my own players to play my own style. However, the initial budgets set were canny shit. I was given £150k to spend, and I was already very, very close to the wage budget. The transfer % was only 15% as well. I appealed and asked for more money and was rejected, so resigned!

A lot of clubs were after new managers in the pre season, and I got interviews at Sunderland (who sacked Big Sam in February, appointed Zinedine Zidane and then sacked him following relegation) and West Brom, also relegated. WBA offered me the job which I delayed for a week whilst waiting for an offer from Sunderland, who went and appointed David Moyes!! So I accepted the WBA job, and set about sorting out the squad of high earners who no longer wanted to be at the club. I was given an initial £7m and 60% of transfer income, which gave me a canny budget once I'd sold players like Evans, Berahino, Rondon, Morrison, Brunt, Yacob and Chester who were apparently too good for The Championship. I raided Chelsea for Marin and Kalas, as well as Atsu on loan, Shane Long from Southampton, Zarate from West Ham, Carl Jenkinson from Arsenal and probably my best signing surprisingly was Bridcut, who really excelled for me sitting in front of the back 4 in my wider 433, which then allowed my full backs to get forward more. I brought in a few freebies such as Steven Fletcher and Joey O'Brien, and then a couple of loan players in Andy Carroll and Ki. II ended up finishing in 2nd, 4 points behind Ipswich and 5 points clear of 3rd placed Walsall, who managed to win the play off final and win back to back promotions to the Premier League. Sunderland, who sacked Moyes in January and appointed Paul Lambert, were relegated again and appointed Malky Mackay! On the whole, my transfers were very good. The only failures were my wide players, who I ditched around October time and switched back to a more narrow 433, but with Bridcutt in front of the back back 4 I used my full backs more as wing backs to offer the width.

Having had excellent wage management and only spending around £20m of my £40m budget the previous season, my initial budget for my return to the top flight was set at £65m with another £300k on wages. So far I've raided the transfer listed players to bring in players that fit my system, but with real pace and strength, as well as some players with international/champions league experience. I've taken a bit of a gamble as well in spreading my transfer payments out over 24/30 months, so hopefully my transfers are successful as my budgets for the next couple of seasons will be reduced. Brought in Begovic, Naughton, Gibbs, Mangala, Wilshire, Ki, Fernando, Borini, Immobile, Remy and Victor Moses from transfer list, Tyler Blackett, Loftus-Cheek and Zelalem on frees to just bulk the squad out and try and develop, and then brought in Gabriel on loan from Arsenal, and I'm looking to get either Welbeck or Benteke who are both available on loan, whilst I've still got about £15m to spend but my wages are getting very close to the limit.

Sunderland meanwhile, have signed 2 players in the entire save so far, Goran Popov for £235k in the 1st season who they sold a season later for £180k, and they've just signed Libor Kozak from Derby for £220k at the start of the 3rd season.

Boing Boing!!

Haven't played masses of the second season but a solid start leading me to 6th in the league and to the last 8 of the League Cup.

Signed: Geronimo Rulli; Fabio Deprela; Fausto Rossi; Ravel Morrison (loan); Timothy Fosu-Mensah (loan); Kristoffer Ajer (loan); Nicklas Bendtner (loan); Victor Anichebe; a young regent from QPR; Mathieu Flamini; young centre half released by Man City (forgot his name); Joshua Kimmich (loan); Ricardo Montilivo; Niko Krancjar.

Out: Most the young players with cack potential; Larsson; wasn't going to sell Oscar Krusnell and Joel Asoro but Inter forced my hand; Pantilimon; Catts; some other cack probably.

First team generally goes something like this: Rulli; Matthews (turning into a good player); Olsson; Vlaar; Deprela; Johnson; Kimmich/Ajer; Montilivo; Lens; Defoe; Borini.

I've got the other players I signed above plus Amalfitano, Prince-Boateng to support the side. I have gradually shifted the majority of the original squad and only kept the best players who are still important first teamers (Matthews was a surprise following an injury crisis). Will have to consider a replacement for Defoe but he is still scoring regularly atm. Centre halves are also getting on but will see out the rest of the season at least, and are ably supported by pacy full backs.

Signing a good keeper plus strong options coming into centre midfield has transformed the side considerably.

Another Dundalk game update;

Went 4-0 down at half time to Porto, actually brought it back to 4-2 and I'm actually getting wet in excitement until me keeper bicycle kicks it into his own net.
This game's got League of Ireland football down to a tee, very realistic, impressed.

Haven't played masses of the second season but a solid start leading me to 6th in the league and to the last 8 of the League Cup.

Signed: Geronimo Rulli; Fabio Deprela; Fausto Rossi; Ravel Morrison (loan); Timothy Fosu-Mensah (loan); Kristoffer Ajer (loan); Nicklas Bendtner (loan); Victor Anichebe; a young regent from QPR; Mathieu Flamini; young centre half released by Man City (forgot his name); Joshua Kimmich (loan); Ricardo Montilivo; Niko Krancjar.

Out: Most the young players with cack potential; Larsson; wasn't going to sell Oscar Krusnell and Joel Asoro but Inter forced my hand; Pantilimon; Catts; some other cack probably.

First team generally goes something like this: Rulli; Matthews (turning into a good player); Olsson; Vlaar; Deprela; Johnson; Kimmich/Ajer; Montilivo; Lens; Defoe; Borini.

I've got the other players I signed above plus Amalfitano, Prince-Boateng to support the side. I have gradually shifted the majority of the original squad and only kept the best players who are still important first teamers (Matthews was a surprise following an injury crisis). Will have to consider a replacement for Defoe but he is still scoring regularly atm. Centre halves are also getting on but will see out the rest of the season at least, and are ably supported by pacy full backs.

Signing a good keeper plus strong options coming into centre midfield has transformed the side considerably.
I've got Rulli, Vlaar, Ajer. Sold Borini for 7m and bought Richairo Zivkovic for 1.7m. Much better player. Was debating getting Boateng but he seems too average for the wage.

I've got Rulli, Vlaar, Ajer. Sold Borini for 7m and bought Richairo Zivkovic for 1.7m. Much better player. Was debating getting Boateng but he seems too average for the wage.

I lost to out to bigger sides for both Ajer and Zivkovic. Aye, he's a bit expensive but helped me get through the first season.

Having a bit of mixed start in my 2nd season. Currently 15th but won 5 out of 6 in the Europa League group. Ellis Short has left and I got took over by some consortium.
Brought in Subotic,Sven Bender,Begovic on loan and a few others. Nearly in January so asked the board for more money not being hopeful but got 19m so have brought in Benteke for 6m and Romero for 3m.
My defence is still awful and injuries are starting to mount up.

Having a bit of mixed start in my 2nd season. Currently 15th but won 5 out of 6 in the Europa League group. Ellis Short has left and I got took over by some consortium.
Brought in Subotic,Sven Bender,Begovic on loan and a few others. Nearly in January so asked the board for more money not being hopeful but got 19m so have brought in Benteke for 6m and Romero for 3m.
My defence is still awful and injuries are starting to mount up.

I hope I get took over. Nearly every player I signed in my second season are loans or frees.

Are the injuies a bug? The majority of my midfield and strikers have all been injured and I'm only five games in! Some of them more than once.

Are the injuies a bug? The majority of my midfield and strikers have all been injured and I'm only five games in! Some of them more than once.
Must be a bug mate, always injuries on mine, more than usual

Must be a bug mate, always injuries on mine, more than usual

I've got three out for 3-5 months already! One of them came back from 3 weeks out and got injured again straight away, just seems to be the midfielders and strikers though.

I've got three out for 3-5 months already! One of them came back from 3 weeks out and got injured again straight away, just seems to be the midfielders and strikers though.
I had Lens, Cattermole, johnson and Coates out for 3 months each at the beginning of the season, no wonder I got sacked in December :lol:

Promoted with Hull with a transfer kitty of over 20m, someone give me some tips

Some canny players on the transfer list but their wages are quite large, their signing on fee will be canny I reckon too

I had Lens, Cattermole, johnson and Coates out for 3 months each at the beginning of the season, no wonder I got sacked in December :lol:

I'm doing alright so far even with all of the injuries but got knocked out of the league cup off boro in the first round and knocked out of the JPT in the first round off Port Vale.

Board veto'd my signing of Del Piero at the last minute the kernts, would've been on about 10k a week plus bonuses which is probably a bit steep considering my wage bill is only 40k per week, got loads of youngsters in on loan and bought a few Scandanavians to bolster the ranks.

I'll give this save a few seasons then probably get bored and start a game with Sunderland, team doesn't look too bad this year!

Played two games, four injuries, one 5 months, one 5 weeks, 3 weeks, 6 weeks and one red card. What the fuck!

Edit, the two games are what I've played tonight.

Last edited:
Right I am at my ends here.
Got Pompey up to the championship but a 'screen dump' error keeps coming up at random times. Anyone had this and managed to fix it?
I have my game to save every week so I dont loose a lot of game but its just random you cant stop it.
It just quits the game and doesnt save? Ive followed everything on SI website and its done fuck all. Even tweeted that Miles cernt and he hasnt replied.....

Few questions for all of those who started with the lads ;

- how the hell did you sell ANYBODY? Haven't started the season yet, still playing friendlies, but I can't offload any fucker apart from youths on loan spells. Can't bring anyone in because of it. Agreed deals for Cole, Alvarez, mammana and KPB but they are a no go because of wage.

- do you get a SHITLOAD of injuries? Catts, Borini, Gomez all injured before the first pre season game and then 2/3 went down in the first game as well.

- does Mavrias progress well or get rid?

Few questions for all of those who started with the lads ;

- how the hell did you sell ANYBODY? Haven't started the season yet, still playing friendlies, but I can't offload any fucker apart from youths on loan spells. Can't bring anyone in because of it. Agreed deals for Cole, Alvarez, mammana and KPB but they are a no go because of wage.

- do you get a SHITLOAD of injuries? Catts, Borini, Gomez all injured before the first pre season game and then 2/3 went down in the first game as well.

- does Mavrias progress well or get rid?

Yes, it's not a bug and the game is only setup for 70% of the injuries real clubs experience according to Sports Interactive. Load of shite, I've got three long termers and had loads of 1 to 6 weekers and I haven't even played 10 games yet.

Back on FM2015 with my Rotherham save. In 2023 and an established Premier League side. Sitting 2nd at the moment, 11 points behind the Arse. Only 7 points separates 2nd to 12th as it stands so its tight! Most of Europe seem to be after my best four players, unsure whether to cash in and re-invest or stick with the same side over January and try to push to secure CL football.

Been sacked as SAFC manager second season with two games left in the season. Was awful I won about 2 in 20 games,final straw was leading Derby 3-1 at home and getting beat 4-3. SAFC then got relegated and have appointed Gary Caldwell as gaffer:):)
I'm applying for loads of jobs now,had a few interviews but nothing yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back