Floodlights @ Emirates ICG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best get my objection in ;)

On a serious note 20 times a year seems a lot, especially given how one sided it can be to teams batting first up here.

Got to move with the times, cant be left behind as we have the only International ground without them.

Only problem with that for me is that we don't really have the conditions to support it throughout the full season. We get a few weeks in the middle I suppose, otherwise its freezing cold and damp down there come 8pm with its riverside location

I don't have a clue about finances but these plus new nursery ground must be costing a wedge.

Is there grants for things like floodlights from ECB?

I don't have a clue about finances but these plus new nursery ground must be costing a wedge.

Yes. This has all been talked about before and what was said is that the CB give, loans, grants, part finance for it. You never know the likes of Sky might put in a few bob as well.

Great idea, long overdue but it will be interesting too see what the residents reaction to this is.

With wanting to use them 20 times a year, it sounds like they are wanting them to pay for themselves. Seriously though we play 7 T20 home games, and 4 one day games, what else would they be used for? Maybe the odd international here and there but not many.

With wanting to use them 20 times a year, it sounds like they are wanting them to pay for themselves. Seriously though we play 7 T20 home games, and 4 one day games, what else would they be used for? Maybe the odd international here and there but not many.

Concert or two I'd imagine

And yes, I hope it's supported

Don't they also switch them on during 4-day games too (grounds that have them that is) when the light is a bit dodgy

That would make up the rest of the use.

Don't they also switch them on during 4-day games too (grounds that have them that is) when the light is a bit dodgy

That would make up the rest of the use.

Some daft rule prevents the use of them sometimes for LVCC games, someone will be able to clarify it. Heard Emmerson mention it a few times

Some daft rule prevents the use of them sometimes for LVCC games, someone will be able to clarify it. Heard Emmerson mention it a few times
Rule now is that floodlights can be used at CC games at the discretion of the umpires if they think lights will improve conditions. Problem is that in daylight but with gloomy and overcast conditions floodlights don't appear to improve conditions particularly in the red ball game.

I am sure a previous application was defeated based upon resident objections and local councillors being concerned about drivers being dazzled by the bright light as they get to the top of the hill so they may struggle.

They do need them though to continue to attract big games as the novelty of night matches will attract biggish crowds again.

It will be fun sitting at the Riverside in the early May at 9 pm watching cricket. Could be a cunning plan to cull some of the members who have got life memberships and spend nowt at the club.

Have to get them, it's a must if we are to continue to attract international fixtures.

I'm sure it'll attract a few more fans to T20 and One Day games too - making it more accessible to those who work through day.

I am sure a previous application was defeated based upon resident objections and local councillors being concerned about drivers being dazzled by the bright light as they get to the top of the hill so they may struggle.

They do need them though to continue to attract big games as the novelty of night matches will attract biggish crowds again.

Residents kicked up a fuss

I did the Lords tour a couple of years ago and the guide was saying that they had to build retractable ones in order to get planning permission. It might cost more but worth it if it means getting them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back