FIRST TEST: England v NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you are confident he would have forced the issue and set up the win, then that's all we can ask.

Dunno. They came out with intent to get on with it this morning and I reckon we'd have been off well before lunch, but we'll never know.

It's dead set now, Cook is bland and defensive and that perception will never change. Doesn't matter what actually happens on the pitch, as the criticism of the timing of a declaration that never happened shows.

Dunno. They came out with intent to get on with it this morning and I reckon we'd have been off well before lunch, but we'll never know.

It's dead set now, Cook is bland and defensive and that perception will never change. Doesn't matter what actually happens on the pitch, as the criticism of the timing of a declaration that never happened shows.
Not from me. I say what I see. If he is good, call it good.

My opinion is that being bowled out set up the game. I enjoyed the England victory and thoroughly enjoyed the match.

I'd still drop Ali if there was a chance of KP playing. It's obvious he's not trusted as a frontline spinner and I don't think he's good enough to be a frontline spinner.

Fair play to Cook, an edgy first innings but then a cracking knock. Also every decision he made in the last session today, came off. Luck is a part of test cricket.

Stokes has to be man of the match. Both with bat and ball, he's taken the game away from NZ. Let's not build him up too quick but his performance was Botham esque, in parts this test.

Wood should keep his place throughout the summer. Much like Simon Jones, he's something different to take the pressure off.

Had a cracking 3 and a half days here at HQ. Onwards and upwards to Dirty Leeds.

See post above.

Nah mate I disagree. No where near getting dropped for me.

Last edited:
The stats may back Ali but it's obvious Cook doesn't trust him. There's no obvious frontline spinner out there, why not use GoldenArm Root and add another player to the attack one way or another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back