FIRST TEST: England v NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
But haway mate you know I'm right.

Cook could do a bit more and change it up. But we may as well just be bowling at a wall cos unless a batsmen makes a mistake this is fill your boots.

It may do something on day 5 but will be draw territory by then, I just can't see this getting close to a result which on day 2 of a test is incredibly sad.

You force players into making mistakes by mixing it up, setting up traps based on their strengths and weaknesses etc. You don't simply bowl seam for three sessions then whinge that the pitch didn't 'do enough'.

Scroll back in this thread and you will see me ranting about Cook not bowling Ali. Within two overs of that, Ali finally bowled. Within two overs of him bowling he took the first wicket. The man is so dull and predictable, as Vaughan says it was like batting against a bowling machine.

You force players into making mistakes by mixing it up, setting up traps based on their strengths and weaknesses etc. You don't simply bowl seam for three sessions then whinge that the pitch didn't 'do enough'.

Scroll back in this thread and you will see me ranting about Cook not bowling Ali. Within two overs of that, Ali finally bowled. Within two overs of him bowling he took the first wicket. The man is so dull and predictable, as Vaughan says it was like batting against a bowling machine.
ali didn't bowl that well either mind

a man just behind square on the offside would have took 30 off williamsons score. ian smith stated he had a problem, when pace is taken of, trying to get it through, closish fielders on the offside. to me it looked obvious, the lad uses the pace of the ball most of the time

Evening gadgies. Ended up in this here London just before lunch after deciding on a long weekend ahead of the match on Sunday. Back to an ale pub this evening. Kilburn I think.

Cook was a shoddy captain. Stood and let the bowlers just crack on. Ali didn't get a bowl until about 40 overs had gone and even when he did bowl, he was poor. Didn't engage the batsman onto the front foot. He'll never make a top test match spinner at this rate. Stokes was probably the best of the lot for me. Put a bit of pressure on, didn't get any luck. Like the look of Woody, bowling consistently quick. Bell looks finished, his head isn't in it. Why didn't Root bowl more? 2 overs was it? 100% New Zealand's day.

Had a bit crack on with Bumble. Gave our lass a bit of grief for red, 3 quarters trousers. :lol:

Come on then experts... who do we replace Ian Bell with?

Gordon Muchall?

If only we had a quality middle order batsman. Someone with 23 test hundreds who has scored runs for his County side quite recently and expressed his desperation to play for England again, perhaps?

Evening gadgies. Ended up in this here London just before lunch after deciding on a long weekend ahead of the match on Sunday. Back to an ale pub this evening. Kilburn I think.

Cook was a shoddy captain. Stood and let the bowlers just crack on. Ali didn't get a bowl until about 40 overs had gone and even when he did bowl, he was poor. Didn't engage the batsman onto the front foot. He'll never make a top test match spinner at this rate. Stokes was probably the best of the lot for me. Put a bit of pressure on, didn't get any luck. Like the look of Woody, bowling consistently quick. Bell looks finished, his head isn't in it. Why didn't Root bowl more? 2 overs was it? 100% New Zealand's day.

Had a bit crack on with Bumble. Gave our lass a bit of grief for red, 3 quarters trousers. :lol:
a jazzer??

Our opening batsmen folded like a pack of cards once again. If it was not for
little Root we would be in a very sad state.

Compared to the NZ top order who have blitzed it. We need something magic tomorrow.

I wish Cook wouldfuck off the most Boring captain we ever had

Should be on borrowed time now. No doubt he will keep the job, seeing as his best mate is his boss....

I would get Colly in for this summer, teach Root the job. He isn't going to learn any thing from this negative cheb end. Cook can keep his place as opener, Bell to drop out.

ali didn't bowl that well either mind

That's not the point, the bowling change - not Ali's skill as a bowler - brought about the wicket.

Last edited:
The difference in captains is chalk and cheese.
McCullum changes his first 3 bowlers 8 times in the first session and Cook lets the game drift.

canny chat this morning, athers, smithy and shane. talking captaincy, very interesting. i will whisper this but smithy stated that the nz team are over the moon, that the middle order batsman not in the team, is nowhere near the team

warne again questioned cooks captaincy and how it appears to be not improving, despite all the series he has had

canny chat this morning, athers, smithy and shane. talking captaincy, very interesting. i will whisper this but smithy stated that the nz team are over the moon, that the middle order batsman not in the team, is nowhere near the team
Warney just spoke sense about the fact the Captain should be held more responsible for poor performances rather than keep sacking coaches.

Warney just spoke sense about the fact the Captain should be held more responsible for poor performances rather than keep sacking coaches.
its spot on. the only constant in a 5-0 ashes, losing to sri lanka for the first time at home and inability to put a very average windies side is cook as captain. he is onto his third coach.

i will give him credit for the india series win though but that hinged on cook being dropped down the rose bowl, when in single figures

cook also has a lot of flak coming imo for his odi stubborness. we all could clearly see it would not work but he clung on, despite constant failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back