Everton another point deduction?

That said, I find it surprising how vitriolic some neutral fans are from non "Big 6" clubs towards Everton and the accusations of cheating. We broke rules, no argument there, and have been shambolically run by Moshiri but it's very clear from the past few seasons that we have not been gaining some unfair advantage over the rest of the league boosting our squad with loads of better players. Our net spend in the last 5 seasons is the 3rd lowest in the League and the weakening of our squad in the last couple of seasons has continued the relegation battles. Factors that have also come in to our breach, which are undeniable, are us building a stadium (interest payments have been a contentious issue), the affect the Ukraine War has had on our financial backing and sponsorship in relation to Usmanov (who was the main person funding us with Moshiri as the face of it) and also losing out on any potential sell on fee with Sigurdsson who we paid £40m+ for.
It's not just NET spend as what about the £182m wages in 2021 which was nearly 95% of revenue and 90% in 2021? In the season before this image below in 2019/20 you had the highest wages to revenue percentage in the league. I think that 2021 wage was the 6th highest as it was similar to Spurs and in 2022 it was the 9th (17th in Europe) as Leicester (also in the shite) and mags were above you. This is why the new rules of 70/85% are being brought in as clubs aren't just buying players but throwing millions at them in wages.

Logon or register to see this image

You're also saying last 5 but take away the last 2 seasons when the club know they've overspent and it's a different picture. Look at the 4 seasons over 2018 to 2021. Spent £555m and sold £234m so a NET spend of £221, along with the wages peaking at £182m and 95% of revenue. In 2022 you had the 8th highest NET spend in Europe since 2012/13

Logon or register to see this image

You will have lost millions by finishing 12th in 2019/20, 10th in 2020/21 and 16th in 2021/22. Every place is worth just over £2m, possibly more more in merit payments. This is an example of 2022 you were live on TV 22 times which gave you £8m more than Burnley for example who were on just 12 times but overall you were still 5th bottom. They've spent big chasing the dream of Europe and failed and it's now caught up with them with all the spending on transfers and massive wage bill all while finishing in far lower places than they'd have hoped for costing them millions.

This whole PSR thing is a nonsense and has further ruined the Sport.

I've said since our first points deduction (when it became clear the PL were serious) that we did deserve some points taken off as we broke the rules. I still stand by it but the way the PL have gone about the whole thing, not just with us, but with other clubs has been farcical. Also in relation to sanctioning teams without a proper framework. I know some will say that the clubs didn't vote for one but it's still terrible organisation from the PL and has caused so many issues with these inconsistent punishments now being given out. Applying deductions before appeals are concluded also ruins the integrity of the season when they then start giving points back. And giving Forest 2 points back for co-operation and us up to 1 for admitting guilt is ridiculous from the IC's too.

That said, I find it surprising how vitriolic some neutral fans are from non "Big 6" clubs towards Everton and the accusations of cheating. We broke rules, no argument there, and have been shambolically run by Moshiri but it's very clear from the past few seasons that we have not been gaining some unfair advantage over the rest of the league boosting our squad with loads of better players. Our net spend in the last 5 seasons is the 3rd lowest in the League and the weakening of our squad in the last couple of seasons has continued the relegation battles. Factors that have also come in to our breach, which are undeniable, are us building a stadium (interest payments have been a contentious issue), the affect the Ukraine War has had on our financial backing and sponsorship in relation to Usmanov (who was the main person funding us with Moshiri as the face of it) and also losing out on any potential sell on fee with Sigurdsson who we paid £40m+ for.

Meanwhile the favoured "Sky 6" can be hundreds of millions in debt (Man United) spend hundreds of millions year on year (Chelsea) and are able to get away with it because they happen to produce huge revenue through being globally popular clubs.

The rest of the League are realising that they will need to sell their best players to stay within the outdated £105m (hasn't accounted for inflation in the past decade) and who ends up benefiting - the Sky 6. West Ham seem likely to lose Paqueta to Man City, Villa need to sell a big name, Newcastle apparently the same too. Leicester in trouble when they come back up because they tried to compete. The whole PSR system is set up in a way that makes it extremely difficult for a fair competition if you aren't a globally popular club like the Sky 6.

Brighton for example have been brilliantly run and are a leading example for us all (Everton being the exact opposite under Moshiri), but how long will it last. I honestly expect them to be relegated within 5-10 seasons as they won't be able to sustain their current model.
You’ve breached the rules and fairly been charged. They’ve breached them and not been sanctioned. It’s fair Everton get stung but not fair the others don’t.

I don't see the point if the luxury tax comes into play.

Should be automatic relegation for any side breaching ffp. Nobody would do it then but that will never happen

Bore off lad and get back to crying about Simms
Let me remind you this is a Sunderland forum. Classless responses by you belong on an Everton forum. Your getting sued deal with it so is Forest regardless of PL table outcome. It’s been reported in the FT’s.

Let me remind you this is a Sunderland forum. Classless responses by you belong on an Everton forum. Your getting sued deal with it so is Forest regardless of PL table outcome. It’s been reported in the FT’s.
What a bell man

Be an absolute minimum 20 + points deduction next season (or even this season) then if they go into admin, looks a distinct possibility at the moment.
I don’t see how they come out unscathed without a state-type buyout throwing unlimited amounts at it, gonna be drowning in interest payments from what I can make out

The current owner is terrible, so are the prospective ones by the sounds, normally you’d accept just an okay owner In such situation but I’m not sure anyone in the bracket would be willing to take the risk

I don’t see how they come out unscathed without a state-type buyout throwing unlimited amounts at it, gonna be drowning in interest payments from what I can make out

The current owner is terrible, so are the prospective ones by the sounds, normally you’d accept just an okay owner In such situation but I’m not sure anyone in the bracket would be willing to take the risk
Aye, that's their only hope. Be drowning in professional fees and compensation too with 7 clubs preparing to take legal action against them.

Last edited:

Back