eSports

Status
Not open for further replies.

No doubting it's a well paid profession, but you'll never be a sportsman doing it.

Oh really? Formula 1's Red Bull driver for next year partnering Seb Vettel won his seat by.. ..Winning a Gran Turismo tournament online
To rub salt in the wounds - He doesn't even own a drivers license either since he's too young to apply for one.

There's that logic well and truly down the shitter. :lol::lol:

Next you'll say Motor Racing isn't a sport.

Last edited:
Oh really? Formula 1's Red Bull driver for next year partnering Seb Vettel won his seat by.. ..Winning a Gran Turismo tournament online

There's that logic well and truly down the shitter. :lol::lol:
Proof? Can't see anything online. And anyways, air pilots learn to fly planes by using simulators, by your skewed logic this makes them sports stars as it helps them get a job, training on computers. :lol:

Have a look at his career in the bio, you utter clownshoe! :lol: Clamped indeed.

Jann Mardenborough (born 9 September 1991) is a British racing driver. In 2011 he won the GT Academy competition sponsored by Nissanand Sony, beating 90,000 entrants in the Gran Turismo series of PlayStation driving games and was rewarded with a drive for Nissan at theDubai 24 Hour

Clamped indeed :)

Are you like unable to read or something? Do you wear a monocle because you're that boringly old-fashioned it wouldnt surprise me :D

Last edited:
Jann Mardenborough (born 9 September 1991) is a British racing driver. In 2011 he won the GT Academy competition sponsored by Nissanand Sony, beating 90,000 entrants in the Gran Turismo series of PlayStation driving games and was rewarded with a drive for Nissan at theDubai 24 Hour

Clamped indeed :)
Read further down. He'd been driving karts since the age of eight. You think they'd have let him behind the wheel of a high powered car without physical experience just because he won a game of Gran Turismo? What an idiot! :lol:

Also, read 'the entrants initially compete through Gran Turismo'.

Looks like it's been put on by WWE that.
It is as big now mate. Youth are choosing to watch stuff on twitch tv. Loads of gaming events go on.

Barcraft is also growing too. People watch starcraft in pubs and I know a lad who does it in London. He actually met up with the online gamers he talks to -

Logon or register to see this image

It's not for everyone but it's certainly a growing past time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is as big now mate. Youth are choosing to watch stuff on twitch tv. Loads of gaming events go on.

Barcraft is also growing too. People watch starcraft in pubs with their mates -

There was one in Newcastle last month, you'd think its full of geeks talking about computers and how much RAM they have but tt's really not, it's like going to the pub to watch football except you're watching Starcraft :D

It depends on what game and how you are playing it. The older generation tend not to understand why its classed as a sport.

If you play in the competitive gaming circles for around 3 to 6 months and see how it works, it probably will change your mind.
I'm sure it's a great competition for those who enjoy watching that sort of stuff, but a sport? No.
Sitting on your arse pressing buttons isn't a sport, just like chess isn't a sport or a game show like Pointless isn't a sport.

Barcraft is also growing too. People watch starcraft in pubs and I know a lad who does it in London. He actually met up with the online gamers he talks to -

Doesn't appeal to me personally but at least they enjoy themselves.

My son does that occassionally - Meltdown on Caledonian Road. Can't for the life of me understand it but it seems harmless enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back