Englands Middle Order

• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NOMOREFALSEDAWNS

It will be interesting to see how the 6,7,8 order is placed.Ali,Stokes,Buttler would be my order.Ali is a batter who can bowl,Stokes a bowler who can bat so the two all rounders should come first then the wicketkeeper.With Broad in at 9 who looks to be rediscovering his batting form that is a long tail.The management have to get the 678 positions in the right order as it could make the difference between winning the Ashes back or not.

it wont change from what it has been and ali been mainly a batter which he isn't for England and whatever stokes is mainly has nothing to do with where buttler should be

i agree that after 5 wickets down, the team who scores the most will win the series. as for the order, i suspect it will be stokes, buttler then ali.

It will be interesting to see how the 6,7,8 order is placed.Ali,Stokes,Buttler would be my order.Ali is a batter who can bowl,Stokes a bowler who can bat so the two all rounders should come first then the wicketkeeper.With Broad in at 9 who looks to be rediscovering his batting form that is a long tail.The management have to get the 678 positions in the right order as it could make the difference between winning the Ashes back or not.
I think you're wrong about Stokes, he's a batter who can bowl (quite well) and he's been more successful as a batter. (2 hundreds+2 fifties against 1 five-for - in Tests.

We don't know if Ali will be playing, I think they may be in two minds on playing Rashid.

But the main think is a line up of Stokes Buttler and Ali has been deemed to be successful so there's next to no chance they'll change it.

I think Buttler is better than Stokes and Ali. Moeen is probably a slightly more consistent batsman than Stokes, but we've seen with Stokes if you bat him at 8 he bats like a number 8 batsman - I'd go Buttler, Stokes, Ali, Wood, Broad, Anderson.

I think Buttler is better than Stokes and Ali. Moeen is probably a slightly more consistent batsman than Stokes, but we've seen with Stokes if you bat him at 8 he bats like a number 8 batsman - I'd go Buttler, Stokes, Ali, Wood, Broad, Anderson.
Stats say Stokes is a better batsman than Modern but Bowling-wise Ali is ahead
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/311158.html - Stokes
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/8917.html - Modern

Not really that fair of a comparison seeing as they've both played so few tests.
now I like Ali as I've said before but 11 matches isn't enough data? Plus remember that Ali is a more experienced cricketer than Stokes.

Did you see the series against NZ?? If so, why the fuck would you move Stokes AGAIN?

No, Stokes is a batsman who can bowl. He has to bat 6, moving him is literally mental.

Bairstow should be playing for me.

I agree, Buttler is too good to bat 7 and needs moving into the top 6.

No, Stokes is a batsman who can bowl. He has to bat 6, moving him is literally mental.

In for. who

If Bell or Ballance fail in first test he will be in but they deserve a chance to redeem themselves but the pressure is on both.

I agree, Buttler is too good to bat 7 and needs moving into the top 6.

For who??? The lower order is fine, far brace got it spot on.

Stokes just got the 2nd ever fastest test 100 for an Englishman , and 90 odd in first innings, and yet people will still move him, crazy!

He just scored the 2nd fastest ever test 100 for England, crazy to move him

In for. who

If Bell or Ballance fail in first test he will be in but they deserve a chance to redeem themselves but the pressure is on both.

That would be wrong imo, they either play at least the first 3 games and are given a fair chance or we should drop them now before it starts if the belief in them is that low.

Bairstow should stay playing county cricket for now.

imo its going to be the expected until at least the third test. if losing they may bring in hales, rashid, if winning or drawing, then if no injuries, the same xi the full series

The problem is simply that right now we have an embarrassment of riches in the middle order and not so many in for the top four.

i expect in cardiff, cook, lyth, ballance, root, bell, stokes, buttler, ali, broad, wood, anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back