England squad - Phillips has been dropped

That's his problem.
It's a squad game - he has no right to preferential treatment, regardless of whether he thinks he's better than others

Oh yes, like he did in the previous euros?
You know , the only final England mens team have played in since 1966?
It’s also his rights to go home and to choose not to go rather than waste his time sat in a hotel room

Could put any of them there. Might be good for him to be dropped for a game, make him work harder cause he's a lazy fucker when his form goes and just stands about sulking.
His form and attitude are poor but if we are going to possibly play foden on that side they might want someone direct as back up we have others who can play there but not as a primary position, I quite like grealish but he hasn't been great this season and the likes of Palmer and Madison are better central or on the right

That's his problem.
It's a squad game - he has no right to preferential treatment, regardless of whether he thinks he's better than others

Oh yes, like he did in the previous euros?
You know , the only final England mens team have played in since 1966?
And fkd it right up

It’s also his rights to go home and to choose not to go rather than waste his time sat in a hotel room
It is.
But it's very unprofessional and pig-headed.

That's why teams have squads/substitutes - to be used as cover and to be available if needed.

Could always see if it's allowed to just take eleven next time - then no primadonnas would be offended and throw a tantrum.

Would you be happy if Sunderland did this?
Was there any unused subs in your last match?
Surely then it's their 'right' to go home and refuse to play?

It is.

That's why teams have squads/substitutes - to be used as cover and to be available if needed.

Could always see if it's allowed to just take eleven next time - then no primadonnas would be offended and throw a tantrum.

He’s not employed by England man it’s upto him

So then if another 9 or 10 players done the same would it be ok to say it’s up to them or him?

Leaving us with no back up?

What would be your opinion of them players??
If Southgate actually give them some
Minutes even in the friendlys it wouldn’t be an issue what’s the point in picking the likes of maguire walker when he’s seen them a million times it must be sole destroying seeing players that are struggling at their clubs and your challenging for the title playing every game

If Southgate actually give them some
Minutes even in the friendlys it wouldn’t be an issue what’s the point in picking the likes of maguire walker when he’s seen them a million times it must be sole destroying seeing players that are struggling at their clubs and your challenging for the title playing every game
The bottom line here is preparing teams and systems to win a major competition, this is top international level and rightly or wrongly you do what you think right to achieve that.

That’s we he and others managers do and have done, some will be right some will be wrong.

Inevitably some players will be put out as imagine they will all think they good enough to make the side.

That’s just life and top international sport:

Taking the huff because you not selected not good enough imo

The bottom line here is preparing teams and systems to win a major competition, this is top international level and rightly or wrongly you do what you think right to achieve that.

That’s we he and others managers do and have done, some will be right some will be wrong.

Inevitably some players will be put out as imagine they will all think they good enough to make the side.

That’s just life and top international sport:

Taking the huff because you not selected not good enough imo
He’d been dragged all the way to quatar and not given a a minute when he’s a regular in a Team challenging for the title likes of maguire who can’t even get a game for his club playing every minute , or h values his family rather than sitting about fair play to him some things are more important to some than others , Southgate’s a hopeless wanker it wouldn’t suprised me if he said he will come back when he’s gone

It is.

Pritchard did this season.

We had just conceded 9 goals in 3 games and continued to pick the same old favourites in defence I’d be pissed off too , lo and behold giroud gets infront of maguire for the goal that knocks us out the World Cup yet people will argue he’s great for England

He’d been dragged all the way to quatar and not given a a minute when he’s a regular in a Team challenging for the title likes of maguire who can’t even get a game for his club playing every minute , or h values his family rather than sitting about fair play to him some things are more important to some than others , Southgate’s a hopeless wanker it wouldn’t suprised me if he said he will come back when he’s gone
I think we coming at this from two different angles, you focused on Southgate, I am focused on the principle it’s wrong for a player to take the huff in any sport just because other players selected ahead of him.

I am not Southgates biggest fan, as think we have been extremely lucky with the draws and route we have got in major finals and that was a massive reason imo why we progressed as far as we did,

But I find it ridiculous you keep defending any individual going the huff because he not selected and then not wanting to play for their own country as that fundamentally wrong!!

Last edited:
I think we coming at this from two different angles, you focused on Southgate, I am focused on the principle it’s wrong for a player to take the huff in any sport just because other players selected ahead of him.

I am not Southgates biggest fan, as think we have been extremely lucky with the draws and route we have got in major finals and that was a massive reason imo why we progressed as far as we did,

But I find it ridiculous you keep defending any individual going the huff because he not selected and then not wanting to play for their own country as that fundamentally wrong!!
It’s slightly different when your sat around doing nothing the other side of the world away from your family he fell out with Holland too the coach son was never gonna play after that

Back