Ellis Simms

Sarcoid Kid

Full Back
He's just what we've been missing up front, misses a few but makes chances and scores a decent amount too.
Wonder what those who said he was crap think now?

He's just what we've been missing up front, misses a few but makes chances and scores a decent amount too.
Wonder what those who said he was crap think now?
I agree, there is a reason Southampton risked it on Steward and paid ten million. If they'd got him got they would be second in the table.
We just went and spunked it on a load of wingers

I thought there might have been better value elsewhere, but now I'm starting to think that that amount is probably the going rate for a proven, young championship striker.
I thought it was only £3m up front, and if he/Coventry meet all the add ons then it’s a bargain. We’ve probably got 4 strikers for the £3m outlay.

Mind I believe todays Hemir hat trick will prove a turning point for the model.

Simms wouldn't be as good for us as he is for Coventry in my opinion. We would have isolated him as a lone striker playing with his back to goal. Haji Wright to name just one, enhances Simms game massively.

Still a decent player mind, but £8m quid and it wouldn't have got us promoted.

It’s the going rate for a decent championship striker.

Sadly we have to accept that Coventry, Ipswich town and the likes are currently bigger football clubs with more immediate ambition and we are playing catch up with them. That’s the reality.

Back