Ellis Short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear Ellis why do you like relegation battles so much ?????????

Simply following a long standing club tradition.

It's a question of economics.

Guarantees full houses right up to the end of the season and we only need buy shite players and pay them shite wages.

Guarantees full houses right up to the end of the season and we only need buy shite players and pay them shite wages.
The rest I agree with but I think you'll find Johnson Rodwell Brown and O'Shea are not on shite wages ;)

He's already telt yer. Congerton said he didn't think we had enough for a top 10 push this season but we'd build a foundation to work towards that in the future. Whatever we do it should be easier than last season. It was all there in the summer.

Shocking if they truly believe what they've done is enough to keep us comfortably in the PL. How can you say the aim is to push onto a top 10 finish next season when your whole strategy is based on the flimsy premise that hopefully three clubs have done worse business than yourselves.

Yes I remember Short end of last season great escape blah blah and season before.

Never going to let this happen again...that is all.
What was our net spend this and previous close season.

Bugger all.

The next Sky prem deal which goes to tender in a few months is expected to give clubs £100mil per season. And an extra package of games ie. Sunday night to ensure that there are enough games to share between Sky and BT.

So surely Short must finance a big Jan spend for Poyet or if he doesnt trust him get a new man in now and back him.

Quite right!!, I felt strangely deflated at the Swansea match at home as opposed to the west brom safety clincher.

Dear Concerned of Herts,

I have the best intentions of SAFC in my heart but having already invested a substantial amount of my own personal money I would now like the club to be self-sufficient. Maybe I underestimated the unbelievably competitive nature of the EPL or the astronomical wages footballers command, which conspires to make the profit margins smaller than I like. I cannot finance SAFC indefinitely and hope it can stand on its own as a sustainable business. In the absence of anyone else willing to purchase this football club, I implore you to believe I'm the best person....in fact the only person for SAFC owner/chairman.

Best wishes
E.Short

p.s F*ck the mags

It's bad enough when the running of a PL club on here gets reduced to the simple arithmetic of transfer ins v outs, but we have got people on this thread seriously suggesting those who run the club want us to be in relegation battles. That's the kind of shite a bairn would come out with.

Most of those who are doing all the criticising are being wise after the event. If you're going to have a go, tell us all that the decisions are bad as soon as they're made, not when results start going the wrong way, then we might listen.

At a club like ours buying decisions are under more pressure to work. If they don'work at the big clubs (Torres at Chelsea, Fellaini at Man U, loads of others) they just shrug it off and get the wallet out, paper over the cracks with money, like millionaires betting fivers. But they make just as many mistakes and more. No-one gets it right all the time or even most of the time.

Short has done everything and more that could be expected of him. He's changed managers when it hasn't been working and he's let the professionals do their job. Nobody knows in football how appointments or transfers will work out (again, look at Man U).

So if you know at the time when a decision is made it's wrong, say so, otherwise you're just adding useless noise to the problems.

Loved the song they were singing about him yesterday, my dad has not stopped singing it.

So here's to you Mr Ellis Short sunderland loves you more than you will ever know oh oh oh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back