Elliot Embleton

I think that you may have mistaken what I said so I'll reiterate but reword it slightly to eliminate and chance of ambiguity: which I didn't think there was. When he was a young lad, he was prone to lapses in concentration, much the same as Dan Neil is, when he first became a regular starter. As both matured, the lapses seemed to become fewer, as I thought I'd quite clearly stated with regards to Embo, last season before his injury.

He was just 23 when he got injured and seemed to be maturing as a player.
Tidied

Embleton is what is currently wrong with the current set up.

Was a decent addition in league one but we should have (like the model suggests) and moved forwards

Now people are suggesting like RIGG that these are the saviours.
Yeah we were ment to move one from embleton evans and O’Nien
However those three could walk straight into the team at the moment
That’s due to the replacements been no better and the policy of buying squad fillers and not squad players

Would be nice to see him back before the season is out but he'd need a few u21 games & I don't think we have many of those left, might run out of time.
Yeah we were ment to move one from embleton evans and O’Nien
However those three could walk straight into the team at the moment
That’s due to the replacements been no better and the policy of buying squad fillers and not squad players
This ⤴️
I listened to the Chris Lumsden under the cosh & he was on about how when we finished 7th in the prem we had moved on from him & Thirlwell & they were ready to move on then we started signing players like Medina & Peeters who were nowhere near as good as themselves nevermind the 1st teamers, so they stuck around for a bit longer.
It feels like that at the moment, suddenly you're looking at Evans, Embleton & Dack thinking they'll improvethe 1st team. We've had 3 transfer windows since Evans got injured, we really should have moved on but here we are.

Would be nice to see him back before the season is out but he'd need a few u21 games & I don't think we have many of those left, might run out of time.

This ⤴️
I listened to the Chris Lumsden under the cosh & he was on about how when we finished 7th in the prem we had moved on from him & Thirlwell & they were ready to move on then we started signing players like Medina & Peeters who were nowhere near as good as themselves nevermind the 1st teamers, so they stuck around for a bit longer.
It feels like that at the moment, suddenly you're looking at Evans, Embleton & Dack thinking they'll improvethe 1st team. We've had 3 transfer windows since Evans got injured, we really should have moved on but here we are.
Yeah my brother has said this for years and years
You must buy players from a higher division you are already in together with picking up a lucky player and some good young players
The model wants us to progress the young players that’s ok however we still need a mix
Players what we have who are good enough together with the new aqusitions
And no squad fillers we need squad players

Gone in the summer. Weirdly enough, he has much more talent than Honeyman but will have a massively worse career than him with him now being injury prone.
Talent is not everything in football. Staying injury free helps but a player such as Honeyman, has attributes that many more skillful players lack - game intelligence and a willingness to want the ball all the time - to name but two.

Another one who has been largely mishandled and mismanaged.
Not really, they loaned hom out to Derby to get his fitness and game time where he received a one in a million injury
Mind you I'm not defending our medical team or coaching team, something wrong somewhere with all the injuries we are getting

This ⤴️
Yeah, experienced holding midfielders that can do a decent job are ten a penny as well at this level. Incredible that the people running the show thought Ekwah's skillset fitted the bill as a defensive midfielder.

Back