Elliot Embleton

He’s about 4th or 5th choice now…I think he needs to move on for his own sake and ours.

He’s a genuinely talented lad…two footed and he moves like McGeady. However he lacks in dynamism and goes missing in games to the point where it can feel like we’re a man down.
This is exactly right.

I'm not sure if his very good techincal attributes outweight his quite poor physical and tactical elements - but this is where you end out. A creative player who teams would have to build around, because he's not tactical enough to slot easily into a 4-3-3 or sit centrally. Is he good enough to be a team's fulcrum and number 10 at this level? Not for us, I don't think.

He's a good squad player perhaps though. He would certainly improve our set piece delivery.

I don’t think Embleton is a particularly young lad…he’s 25 in 6 weeks.

There’s something missing with him and it’s not youthful inconsistency
I think that you may have mistaken what I said so I'll reiterate but reword it slightly to eliminate and chance of ambiguity: which I didn't think there was. When he was a young lad, he was prone to lapses in concentration, much the same as Dan Neil was, when he first became a regular starter. As both matured, the lapses seemed to become fewer, as I thought I'd quite clearly stated with regards to Embo, last season before his injury.

He was just 23 when he got injured and seemed to be maturing as a player.

Interesting that the club sent him out on loan last September to a L1 team at the age of 24, strongly suggests that they think he has no future at the club.

Who knows, maybe Beale will take a look at him when he is fit and find a place for him in his plans.

He's exactly the sort of player we should give a 1 year contract to. Definitely something in there, but injury and inexperience has blunted him. If we get him up to speed, he is a decent option, and at worst should command a gooch like fee rather than just releasing him at the end of the season.

Interesting that the club sent him out on loan last September to a L1 team at the age of 24, strongly suggests that they think he has no future at the club.

Who knows, maybe Beale will take a look at him when he is fit and find a place for him in his plans.
More to do with the fact he had been out for 9 month and had more chance of getting starts somewhere else at the time

Looks short of championship level usually disappointing when he starts look better of the bench with a poor injury record.

Think the lad needs a move he obviously cares about the club being a local lad but don’t think he’s good enough.

If he can get back to speed, walks into this team right now IMO, given the state of our midfield.

He’s one of those players who knows where the goal is. I don’t think he’s a particularly good player but he’d get 5 or 6 goals a season.

To be fair, they sent him out to get fit

Embleton is what is currently wrong with the current set up.

Was a decent addition in league one but we should have (like the model suggests) and moved forwards

Now people are suggesting like RIGG that these are the saviours.

Embleton is what is currently wrong with the current set up.

Was a decent addition in league one but we should have (like the model suggests) and moved forwards

Now people are suggesting like RIGG that these are the saviours.
I think people see other young lads in the squad that aren't Jobe, Ba or Ekwah and want to see a change because those players have been lifting for months.

Jobe could blow the stadium up and wouldn't be subbed
Ekwah is so laid back hes dead
Ba is just lost

Rigg and EE could well have progressed had they had the same opportunities them lads have had but we will never know because we never, ever change it!

Back