Durham v Warks RLODC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another idiot who doesn't know what the borders are. Do yourself a favour and support Yorkshire. You quite clearly have no affiliation with Durham.
Yorkshire ... don't you know that Country doesn't exist any more. There's North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Humberside, South Yorkshire but no Yorkshire. ;)

So not in Sunderland either so were clear? As thats been suggested as an out ground.

Depends how far back you want to take it, it could be argued that since Tyne and Wear don't have a county cricket club then Sunderland could fall into County Durham jurisdiction - as it once was in County Durham.

Gosforth can't have that logic applied however, being the HQ of Northumberland County Cricket Club and never having been in County Durham.

Last edited:
Depends how far back you want to take it, it could be argued that since Tyne and Wear don't have a county cricket club then Sunderland could fall into County Durham jurisdiction - as it once was in County Durham.

Gosforth can't have that logic applied however, being the HQ of Northumberland County Cricket Club and never having been in County Durham.
You could actually argue that Tyne and Wear doesn't actually exist. If anyone does think it exists then where is the headquarters?

T&W Fire HQ is Nissan Way ;).
A Fire Brigade is not a County :)

A Fire Brigade is not a County :)
When T+W was abolished the various parts that were left were 'owned' by all the Councils that were in T+W but with one Council being 'lead' for each part. Newcastle got the airport and Sunderland got the Fire Brigade and I think N Tyneside got the Port of Tyne.

Gateshead got something, they look after the bridges of the river, maybe that's it for them.

Last edited:
Any of this believable?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/cricket/durhams-game-south-northumberland-spreading-10951709

Stockton, celebrating their 200th anniversary were snubbed. Then North made a stupid comment about 'Durham's reach'. Well Marcus, Stockton IS in Durham County, whereas Gosforth IS NOT, nor has it ever been in Durham County.

Marcus North is an arsehole. He hangs around the club/players like a bad smell. As for David Harker, I've said for years this bloke is an absolute wanker wo I wouldn't trust with 10 pence.

I'd be very dissapointed shold they ever move a county championship game to Gosforth.

I wasn't aware of Stockton's 200th aniversary, good luck to them with that.

North/Harker are interested in the prawn sarnie side which is why this development with Gosforth will be around for a long time.

The club haven't even bothered to give Stockton a 2nd XI game which is dissapointing yet have awarded Richmond and South North some games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back