Durham v Warks RLODC

Status
Not open for further replies.
plenty grounds in county durham (and traditional boundaries) which i'd support but south northumberland in gosforth can fuck off. club are just looking at the £££ from the prawn sarnie customers (they aren't supporters). access to south north they reckon is absolutely shite as well

stockton
darlington
sunderland
hartlepool
chester le street

never mind though

plenty grounds in county durham (and traditional boundaries) which i'd support but south northumberland in gosforth can fuck off. club are just looking at the £££ from the prawn sarnie customers (they aren't supporters).

stockton
darlington
sunderland
hartlepool
chester le street

Thought you would be all for the club making money through cricketing means.

plenty grounds in county durham (and traditional boundaries) which i'd support but south northumberland in gosforth can fuck off. club are just looking at the £££ from the prawn sarnie customers (they aren't supporters). access to south north they reckon is absolutely shite as well

stockton
darlington
sunderland
hartlepool
chester le street

never mind though

When was the last time you played at any of those grounds? To truly consider a ground for hosting a game, the facilities/pitch/access etc all need to be looked at.

I can tell you right now that not one of those suggested venues tick as many boxes as south north does. Durham want to take games around the region (being North East - most northern county in England..), but there are not enough viable options as to where to take a fixture too..

South North has First Class facilities, more than good enough to host a list a fixture, hence why over the past few years they have hosted a few games. I have no doubts that as soon as any other ground in the north east ticks the same number of boxes as SNCC Durham will take a game to that out ground as well.

Times have changed and the grounds you have mentioned haven't necessarily moved with the times to be able to host the first class games like they have in the past.

Bar the Riverside, all things considered, SNCC is the best ground in the area. It's one of the best club grounds in the country for fucks sake, Durham would be stupid not to make use of it!

Rant over.

SNCC isn't in "the area" as far as I'm concerned. The clue is in the name.... NORTHUMBERLAND

I drive past Stockton and Hartlepool on a regular basis.

The ground at CLS is more than capable of hosting a 1 day Durham game.

Good luck to them playing in Northumberland but it's a no from me, always will be.

SNCC isn't in "the area" as far as I'm concerned. The clue is in the name.... NORTHUMBERLAND

I drive past Stockton and Hartlepool on a regular basis.

The ground at CLS is more than capable of hosting a 1 day Durham game.

Good luck to them playing in Northumberland but it's a no from me, always will be.
Well the whole of the North of England was once Northumbria. It's imaginary lines.

Gosforth isn't in Northumberland anyway.

Where is it then? It's north of the Tyne which is Northumberland.

Oh, and you keep on going on about imaginary lines, so why do keep on going on about Northumbria? Imaginary lines that don't exist anymore.

Last edited:

Oh, and you keep on going on about imaginary lines, so why do keep on going on about Northumbria? Imaginary lines that don't exist anymore.
It's in Tyne and Wear, Sunderland is in it too.

It's like all these major city areas that don't fall into the county they once belonged too. Greater Manchester,Merseyside, Bristol, Greater London oh and the four yorkshires.

It's in Tyne and Wear, Sunderland is in it too.

It's like all these major city areas that don't fall into the county they once belonged too. Greater Manchester,Merseyside, Bristol, Greater London oh and the four yorkshires.

Oh, imaginary lines. Something you don't like by all accounts.

And what the fuck are you on about with Manchester & Merseyside? They're both in Lancashire you numpty.

Last edited:
It's north of the Tyne which is Northumberland.. Goodness me for someone that was so clued up on the countries borders in the 1700s or whenever the fuck your imaginary lines are from, your geography is awful.

Gosforth is in Tyne and Wear...

The very same county as Sunderland...

Which means the very same county as Ashbrooke...

And by Ashbrooke I mean the very same venue people are proposing to take a game too as its within the "correct" boundary lines...

Personally i think they should take a game to Cumbria as a thanks to the outstanding efforts of the cricketing folk of that county who are producing Durham with some outstanding prospects with very little resources. They have already played a match in Northumberland which was also a great idea and a great success. Try somewhere else.

My imaginary lines. You're the clueless tosser that brought it up. Idiot. Sunderland is Co. Durham. Newcastle isn't. Get over it.

At least this 'clueless tosser' knows how a county border works. Sunderland and Newcastle both fall into Tyne and Wear. So no, I won't get over it, as you're plain and simple f***ing wrong. Chester le street? Yes, Co. Durham. Barnard Castle? Yes, Co. Durham. Even Stockton and Hartlepool? Yes, Co. Durham. But Sunderland?! No. Tyne and Wear. Gosforth? Tyne and Wear.

Don't make a point about county borders and certain places being inside the realms and others being outside if you're going to be wrong.

At least this 'clueless tosser' knows how a county border works. Sunderland and Newcastle both fall into Tyne and Wear. So no, I won't get over it, as you're plain and simple f***ing wrong. Chester le street? Yes, Co. Durham. Barnard Castle? Yes, Co. Durham. Even Stockton and Hartlepool? Yes, Co. Durham. But Sunderland?! No. Tyne and Wear. Gosforth? Tyne and Wear.

Don't make a point about county borders and certain places being inside the realms and others being outside if you're going to be wrong.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You really are clueless. And an idiot to boot. Get over it!

Well the whole of the North of England was once Northumbria. It's imaginary lines.

Aye, we were once ruled by the Roman Empire too, so if you're taking ancient history into account why don't we schedule a county game in f***ing Rome in the near future?!

Durham COUNTY cricket club, should always play in County Durham.

Aye, we were once ruled by the Roman Empire too, so if you're taking ancient history into account why don't we schedule a county game in f***ing Rome in the near future?!

Durham COUNTY cricket club, should always play in County Durham.
So not in Sunderland either so were clear? As thats been suggested as an out ground.

Oh, imaginary lines. Something you don't like by all accounts.

And what the fuck are you on about with Manchester & Merseyside? They're both in Lancashire you numpty.
Not anymore. Manchester is in the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester, Liverpool is the metropolitan county of Merseyside.

What a load of nonsense for something that really doesn't matter. Durham make more money result for the club.

Need every penny they can get seeing as they need a few more batsman and a replacement for Hastings(as Rabada hasn't signed yet)

Last edited:
So not in Sunderland either so were clear? As thats been suggested as an out ground.

Not anymore. Manchester is in the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester, Liverpool is the metropolitan county of Merseyside.

What a load of nonsense for something that really doesn't matter. Durham make more money result for the club.

Need every penny they can get seeing as they need a few more batsman and a replacement for Hastings(as Rabada hasn't signed yet)

Without getting into this debate as I don't really care, Tyne & Wear is a fairly modern thing, and Sunderland traditionally was part of County Durham

Without getting into this debate as I don't really care, Tyne & Wear is a fairly modern thing, and Sunderland traditionally was part of County Durham
I couldn't care less either, dunno why I reply to things at times arguing for the sake of it guess.

Will lose no sleep over Durham playing another cricket match in Gosforth. Doubt many will, bet the players couldn't give a toss either.

Another idiot who doesn't know what the borders are. Do yourself a favour and support Yorkshire. You quite clearly have no affiliation with Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back