Druggie Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone goes to Amsterdam & gets stoned & comes back & is found to have weed in their system by their employers, would they have a case if they were fired?

If someone goes to Amsterdam & gets stoned & comes back & is found to have weed in their system by their employers, would they have a case if they were fired?

This very question was asked when our company introduced screening. Still sacked was the answer, as our contracts stipulate that we will not be unfit for work due to alcohol or drugs. Even some prescription drugs could get you peddled if you hadn't made the company aware.

If it were fully legalised you could just grow your own? I know loads of people do anyway. Besides, it's not weed that causes the greatest problems to society.
in theory, in county durham you are allowed to grow your own for personal smoking

People who smoke weed tend to be scruffy , unsociable misfits imo.
People who say millions of people take drugs so let's legalise it, tend to forget that many times that don't take drugs.
I would put my last pound on it being a no vote if it went to a national vote.
They are the same type of folk as smokers who are in constant denial....it's not that bad for you.....its disgraceful putting the price up all the time...making us go outside...Passive smoke can't help yer...blah be blah...very narrow minded and selfish.
Drugs war is failing because the powers in charge let it fail.
Any of my kids either smoke or dabble in drugs I would be very disappointed

in theory, in county durham you are allowed to grow your own for personal smoking

It's a start, but we really need to get to grips with smack, as it's by far the most costly to society. Legalised and supplied by government, and we'd see an instant and massive drop in crime.

This very question was asked when our company introduced screening. Still sacked was the answer, as our contracts stipulate that we will not be unfit for work due to alcohol or drugs. Even some prescription drugs could get you peddled if you hadn't made the company aware.

But doesn't weed stay in your system for months? How long do the effects from smoking weed last?

As for prescription drugs, as long as the ability to do your job isn't affected in any way, I don't see why you should be forced to tell your employers your personal circumstances.

i am the boss so that doesent apply to me, ive told the lads who work for me you can do what the fuck you want on a weekend but you must show up for graft ready to work on a monday, theres a grey area in that if the one of us has been to a party on a sunday they can have a pass, but if its every week thats not on

im against it as it would be double the cost for a quarter of weed than it is now lol. taxes on the green would be horrendous
Only if it's allowed to work that way. The cost here is about the same as yours and it's all tax paid. The difference is that I can go to my local shop and guaranteed consistency and quality, no need for dodgy deals or skullduggery. A much better way. :cool:

People who say millions of people take drugs so let's legalise it, tend to forget that many times that don't take drugs.
They are the same type of folk as smokers who are in constant denial....it's not that bad for you.....its disgraceful putting the price up all the time...making us go outside...Passive smoke can't help yer...blah be blah...very narrow minded and selfish.

Are you high? Or did you type that out with your face?

It's a start, but we really need to get to grips with smack, as it's by far the most costly to society. Legalised and supplied by government, and we'd see an instant and massive drop in crime.
smack around my way isnt allowed and you will get kicked to fuck for selling it by the the people who run things, anything else is fair game

Only if it's allowed to work that way. The cost here is about the same as yours and it's all tax paid. The difference is that I can go to my local shop and guaranteed consistency and quality, no need for dodgy deals or skullduggery. A much better way. :cool:

To be fair though Mat a lot over there also get it privately. I know a few kids who only use cafes when their marras don't have any. I'd use coffee shops here for convenience but I reckon I'd still see 1-2 pals for it.

In damn you've got the tourist bits where they'll sell any old shit and the parts real smokers venture to for the really good shit.

When I go there it's to Haarlem most of the time or Rotterdamn.

Last edited:

I asked you a question earlier. You never answered so I'll ask again. Do you drink?

i am the boss so that doesent apply to me, ive told the lads who work for me you can do what the fuck you want on a weekend but you must show up for graft ready to work on a monday, theres a grey area in that if the one of us has been to a party on a sunday they can have a pass, but if its every week thats not on

Fair play.

absolute bullshit

Two interesting links. (Sorry the first one is from the Gruadian) If you have a few minutes they're both worth a read.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/...use-is-rising-in-the-uk-but-were-not-addicted

http://www.tdpf.org.uk/blog/drug-decriminalisation-portugal-setting-record-straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back