Druggie Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people sometimes have a very weird view of how scientific study is produced, as if they do it like an undergraduate arts student rushing a last minute essay, and its only scrutiny is a quick once-over by an overworked lecturer who's dying to get to the pub

Look at the research by that chap about vaccinations causing autism. Then think how long it took for his work to be demonstrated to be false. There will always be some group that will validate research no matter how outlandish it is eventually proven to be.

Don't know what drink has to do with me hating druggies.

I'm not making a point about legalisation or criminalization or even about drugs themselves.

I'm just saying I hate druggies, based on the fact that everyone I've encountered who takes drugs being an absolute arsehole, that's all.

I think you would be surprised by how many people take them.

It's generally not something a "user" would mention to a non-user.

Unless it's some loudmouth, obviously fucked up junkie type with needle holes in their arm. Seems to be the image a lot of people have on this thread about "users".

Look at the research by that chap about vaccinations causing autism. Then think how long it took for his work to be demonstrated to be false. There will always be some group that will validate research no matter how outlandish it is eventually proven to be.

That's not a very representative example given that his work was universally condemned by his peers from the outset and the scientific community aren't the ones who made it drag out so long. Nutt is respected and there's no suggestion that his data is that flawed by anyone qualified.

And?

A drug is a drug. Alcohol is alcohol, and tobacco is tobacco. Creating artificial differences between groups of drugs while maintaining alcohol and tobacco as a class, is simply ridiculous and only a druggie wanker would fail to see that, as a class, drugs are far more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco.
Only an absolute idiot can fail to see that alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, cocaine and heroin are all different drugs

Don't know what drink has to do with me hating druggies.

I'm not making a point about legalisation or criminalization or even about drugs themselves.

I'm just saying I hate druggies, based on the fact that everyone I've encountered who takes drugs being an absolute arsehole, that's all.
Alcohol is a drug you helmet. As is nurofen.

You may want to rethink that statement.

Only an absolute idiot can fail to see that alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, cocaine and heroin are all different drugs

Alcohol is a drug you helmet. As is nurofen.

You may want to rethink that statement.
That word suggests that he's put thought into it first time around! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back