Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, do the strikes adjust for the level of the players, only done an Earth level 8 one. Could I theoretically do it with you lot on level 30 and it would be a breeze for you? Or would it auto make the strike harder and be nails for me?

I am level 14 now, still don't know loads.

Have got ascendent materials, radiant shards, helium coils, no idea what any for!

Quick question, do the strikes adjust for the level of the players, only done an Earth level 8 one. Could I theoretically do it with you lot on level 30 and it would be a breeze for you? Or would it auto make the strike harder and be nails for me?

Have got ascendent materials, radiant shards, helium coils, no idea what any for!
It will only be a higher level than 8 if it's a weekly one or if it's in the strike playlist.

If you join the strike from the map it will say what level it is and it will always be that level. When you get to a higher level (16 or 18 I think) you unlock the playlist and can play them at a higher level.

You won't be able to do anything with the helium coils or ascendant materials yet. when you get over level 20 you'll need loads to upgrade your armour and weapons.

If you join the strike from the map it will say what level it is and it will always be that level. When you get to a higher level (16 or 18 I think) you unlock the playlist and can play them at a higher level.

You won't be able to do anything with the helium coils or ascendant materials yet. when you get over level 20 you'll need loads to upgrade your armour and weapons.
Cheers (and Andy too).

So can you still do a level 8 strike even if you are level 30 then?

It will only be a higher level than 8 if it's a weekly one or if it's in the strike playlist.
Is it right that I don't have access to either of these then?

Cheers (and Andy too).

So can you still do a level 8 strike even if you are level 30 then?

Is it right that I don't have access to either of these then?
Aye, you don't unlock the strike playlist until about level 16. If you keep doing the story missions and bounties, you'll be 20 in a couple of hours.

I've been lucky with Crota hard mode, got the pulse rifle and scout rifle the first time and just done it again on my warlock and got the auto rifle and hand cannon. :cool:

Last edited:
Anyone else prefer Black Hammer over Ice Breaker?

It makes certain fights a breeze, eg the Devil Walker you can sit and snipe the legs constantly, instead of firing 6 shots with an ice breaker and having to wait for the ammo to regenerate. Same when you have to kill the tank on the way to fight Valus Taruc, just keep shooting away.

On Winter's Run you can sit on the cliff and shoot the Archon Priest in the head repeatedly, staggering him in every shot, he goes down so quickly.

Love it me, Ice Breaker is still great for other uses though. I prefer it for places where you get less shots in, such as raking care of boomers or just general sniping.

I'm tending to use black hammer now as I've got gally on that character. I never liked the over reliance on ice breaker. Even tho I have 3 of them, 1 for each character! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back