Denver Hume- the forgotten young'un

Made McFadzean look like Ashley Cole. One of the very worst players we ever had to watch in league one. Can’t describe how shit he was it was like a fan had got a game

Made McFadzean look like Ashley Cole. One of the very worst players we ever had to watch in league one. Can’t describe how shit he was it was like a fan had got a game
Did you used to sniff glue whilst watching matches?!

Calum McFadzean was, by a very long margin, the worst player we have ever had represent us.

I’ve got to say as a Pompey fan he ended up being one of the poorest players I’ve seen for us since we cleared our debts from the CVA (2015). Probably a couple of players before that (2012-15) that get infront of him for worst ever LB/LWB, but I’m surprised he got another pro club.

Telling that this summer we signed a left back released (note not offered a new deal) by Exeter to be 2nd choice LB for us in Jack Sparkes when Hume was still in contract after paying (gifting you) 200k. Sparkes is everything we thought we’d get in Hume in both strengths and weaknesses - he can’t actually defend (was well advertised when we signed him) but unlike Hume, he can put in a deadly cross, and has worked at his game and improved, and ended up playing 25-30 games for us this year. Hume never ever threatened to get better, partly through injury, but partly through his level.

It gives an idea of how little Mousinho rated him. Apparently a very good pro though, just lacking ability in spades. Bit of a shocker by Cowley tbh.

There was a time when he was a rare bright spot, a young lad with promise. The last season has been poor no doubt, but we have progressed a bloody mile in terms of having promising youngsters

He was absolutely f***ing terrible. The king of blazing a cross miles out of play
Did you used to sniff glue whilst watching matches?!

Calum McFadzean was, by a very long margin, the worst player we have ever had represent us.
McFadzean was garbage but he wasn't as bad as Hume like.

Last edited:
Literally one of the worst players I’ve seen play for us. He was absolutely shit. Yet there was a section of fans who genuinely rated him 😂 they used to say he was good going forward. By that they must mean sprinting at full pelt towards their touch line and running it out for a goal kick or whipping a cross over that flys over the bar for a goal kick 😂
Agree with all that. Spot on. 👍

Back