Denver Hume- the forgotten young'un

Very poor LB.

Him and McFadzean as our options really hammers home how bad we were in the league one days.
I've seen a few say 'heart the size of a pea' in what sense?
I’m guessing because he didn’t get stuck in as much as say Trai would, but I think that’s because Denver isn’t a good defender.

The only decent attribute he had was his pace.

Literally one of the worst players I’ve seen play for us. He was absolutely shit. Yet there was a section of fans who genuinely rated him 😂 they used to say he was good going forward. By that they must mean sprinting at full pelt towards their touch line and running it out for a goal kick or whipping a cross over that flys over the bar for a goal kick 😂
He was miles better than McFadzean, De Bock, Vokins and Galloway at left back alone. There were loads worse than him at L1 level.

Don’t get why people need to slag him off so much. I was brought up to say if you don’t having anything kind to say then don’t say it all.

He was poor but shouldn't be on the bench for a League Two team - he was more talented than that. Something has obviously gone wrong for him, whether physical or mental.
He had a prolapsed disc. They’re bad enough to recover from anyway so to try and recover from one as a professional footballer will be nigh on impossible.

I won’t criticise him as I’ve had similar problems and there’s times I can barely walk.

He had a prolapsed disc. They’re bad enough to recover from anyway so to try and recover from one as a professional footballer will be nigh on impossible.

I won’t criticise him as I’ve had similar problems and there’s times I can barely walk.

He's probably doing well still to be playing pro footy. Fair play to the lad

Literally one of the worst players I’ve seen play for us. He was absolutely shit. Yet there was a section of fans who genuinely rated him 😂 they used to say he was good going forward. By that they must mean sprinting at full pelt towards their touch line and running it out for a goal kick or whipping a cross over that flys over the bar for a goal kick 😂
Spot on, this thread must pop up once a month now as well. He was awful man.
Will end up at Blyth Spartans in a few years. Probably his level tbh
Can see him at Shields with Dodds in a year or two

Last edited:
Finished off a lovely move in a 2020 match against Wycombe after superb work down the right from Willis, O’Nien, Wyke & Maguire
That was a brilliant goal. Don’t care that it was in L1, still one of the best I’ve seen us score.

But aye Denver overall was poor. No miss that we sold him.
I've seen a few say 'heart the size of a pea' in what sense?
He couldn’t tackle a fish supper.

Back