Deaths on the pitch

So please share your research on this.....

News websites, not academic pieces please try again.

The amount of lightening strikes is mad!
I remember a young kid killed by lightning at football. It may have been a training session. I just tried to find it but seen a whole team were killed by lightning a few years back as well

What's the suspected cause? Larger hearts? Increased stress on hearts?

Heart problems have obviously increased post-covid/jabs, but looks like deaths have hugely increased in last 20 years or so

It's all open to debate or it should be.

I believe the decision to roll out a new medication to fit and healthy people who probably didn't need it will prove to be reckless at best.

If myocarditis and heart inflammation is a recognised side effect of that particular treatment then it needs to be left open to the possibility that it is causing issues.

Interesting read as morbid as it is, surely facilities has to come into it?

In terms of top flight leagues globally, Benfica were the last to suffer such a tragedy and over the last 10/15 years there's been a few high profile on pitch incidents that have fortunately lead to positive outcome.

It's all open to debate or it should be.

I believe the decision to roll out a new medication to fit and healthy people who probably didn't need it will prove to be reckless at best.

If myocarditis and heart inflammation is a recognised side effect of that particular treatment then it needs to be left open to the possibility that it is causing issues.
Will be in a small minority, but as did the disease. Arguement was that benefits outweighed the risks, which was fair enough.

Will be in a small minority, but as did the disease. Arguement was that benefits outweighed the risks, which was fair enough.

The stuff I have read on this (including a few research papers) suggest the increase in heart issues was far greater due to Covid than the risks from the vaccine - so like you say the argument was the benefits outweighed the risks. I think one Isreali paper saw an increase of 3% in myocarditis in a vaccinated pool which sounds like a lot but from memory it was an increase from the baseline which was something like 1 case in 10,000 so it went to 1.03 cases in 10,000 (I cannot remember if these were the exact numbers but it was of that order)

A lot of Scots dying from being “kneed” in the late 19th century. Must’ve been some bloody knee to cause a ruptured liver for example.

Sad seeing a lot of them, including our own Jimmy Thorpe. Obviously shows how good we have it now with fantastic hospital treatment.

Shay Given if I remember had a pretty serious internal injury, I doubt he’d have been lucky if he played in the early 20th century.

The stuff I have read on this (including a few research papers) suggest the increase in heart issues was far greater due to Covid than the risks from the vaccine - so like you say the argument was the benefits outweighed the risks. I think one Isreali paper saw an increase of 3% in myocarditis in a vaccinated pool which sounds like a lot but from memory it was an increase from the baseline which was something like 1 case in 10,000 so it went to 1.03 cases in 10,000 (I cannot remember if these were the exact numbers but it was of that order)

The problem is finding studies which are not biased one way or the other.

You posted a link further up the page to a medical group and some of its research, one of their private partners is a company who heavily promoted the COVID treatment so would it be in their best interest to find fault with the product?

Back