DeAndre Yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomahawk

Central Defender
This lad was excellent today to the point where SA needs to continue with him at right back until the end of the season, pacey and steadily learning his trade . Think that SA is having a massive effect on the 2 young fullbacks as PVA had another solid game. Both give options going forward, but they both seem to have improved dramatically with their defensive duties. Credit must also go to other players too, covering is much better than previously.

Thought he contained Martial very well today considering he was their main output, especially first half.

Martial give him hell,he was beaten on the inside consistently..not sure what some were watching.maybe in the future but I can't see him being here next year regardless

Much happier with him there than Jones. Could have throttled him when he dived his way to their equaliser.

Zero end product.

Firstly this needs merging with the other Yedlin thread.

Secondly he's not class. He's quite good going forward but as Two-Lane says... no end product. He takes too much on when there are clear goal chance passes to make. The result is he does not deliver. He struggled a little defensively as well. Much as it pains me he's a lesser RB than Jones.

Not sure how the OP can watch the game and not see that.

This lad was excellent today to the point where SA needs to continue with him at right back until the end of the season, pacey and steadily learning his trade . Think that SA is having a massive effect on the 2 young fullbacks as PVA had another solid game. Both give options going forward, but they both seem to have improved dramatically with their defensive duties. Credit must also go to other players too, covering is much better than previously.

The lad was lucky today but as we won I'm not complaining.

Firstly this needs merging with the other Yedlin thread.

Secondly he's not class. He's quite good going forward but as Two-Lane says... no end product. He takes too much on when there are clear goal chance passes to make. The result is he does not deliver. He struggled a little defensively as well. Much as it pains me he's a lesser RB than Jones.

Not sure how the OP can watch the game and not see that.
Never said he was class, said he was excellent today and still learning. All about opinions I suppose, btw yours is wrong.

Never said he was class, said he was excellent today and still learning. All about opinions I suppose, btw yours is wrong.

You don't appear to have read my post. Not excellent today for precisely the reason I stated.

You liked his several man beating runs forward but seem to have missed that each of them ended in him going too far, losing the ball and having not only him 60 yards out of position but also advancing team mates.

When doing these (ultimately pointless) runs, on each occasion he missed some simple passes having beaten a man or two that would have resulted in a goal scoring opportunity.

By any measure substituting what easily should be for what actually happened was very obviously bad play.

Therefore 'not excellent' today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back