Danny Röhl

Bet their fans whined he was the cheap option and a nobody when Sheff wed recruited him..
There is an element of truth in that but it was a very muted whine to be honest. After the disaster that was Munoz, a pissed up gerbil would have been welcomed. It took about 2 weeks for us to realise that Rohl was something a bit special.

Apparently he was interviewed along with Xisco Munoz and was obviously overlooked first time round ( Danny, not the gerbil).

There is an element of truth in that but it was a very muted whine to be honest. After the disaster that was Munoz, a pissed up gerbil would have been welcomed. It took about 2 weeks for us to realise that Rohl was something a bit special.

Apparently he was interviewed along with Xisco Munoz and was obviously overlooked first time round ( Danny, not the gerbil).
Knowing us, we are in for the gerbil

Since Röhl took over, we are placed 12th in the table. Since the first international break of his tenure, which gave him his first chance to work with the players for more than a few days at a time, we were placed 9th.

He's overseen a 575% increase in our points per game compared to our previous coach.

Get in lad. Hoof him in the guts whilst he’s down as well :lol:
German arms in the air? Sounds a bit dodgy.

f***ing hell :lol:
Bet their fans whined he was the cheap option and a nobody when Sheff wed recruited him..

I think you might actually be the saddest person in the world. Genuinely.

Last edited:
He will reach the top, the bloke just gets it and is obviously a very good coach. After each victory at home, he goes around the stadium doing the German arms in the air, most fans stay behind to witness it, it's fantastic, along with Chris Powell ( ex Charlton boss) they jump around hugging each other getting the crowd going, its wonderful to see.

He is young and makes mistakes, playing four up top away at Ipswich being one of a few but how many managers lose 6-0 and still have their name chanted?

We have taken to him more than any manager in my lifetime and if/when he does leave for a club with better facilities, structure and a decent chairman it will be a very sad day at Hillsborough.

Whoever ends up with him will be very lucky, very lucky indeed.
Chris Powell was one of the best players I saw perform at Roker Park,when he was a left back with Southend.
Interesting how the German manager,and Powell,appreciated each other.
I wish them both well.
Thanks for your post.I followed it up as I didn't know Chris Powell was at Sheffield Wednesday. Some good information...

He’s the sort of manager we should be looking at
Isn’t that the problem though? At Sheffield Wed he is the manager, he says he has the final say on all to do with the players. Who they sign, sell, renew contracts etc.
Won’t get that here, probably not even allowed to bring his assistant with him.
Won’t get past the interview stage.

Isn’t that the problem though? At Sheffield Wed he is the manager, he says he has the final say on all to do with the players. Who they sign, sell, renew contracts etc.
Johnson and mowbray did

If he wants to move up in the footballing ladder then he’ll have to work with a sporting director. The idea he’s in charge of finances for things like contracts just will not be true at all.

Would you take him .
Seems to have turned Sheffield wed around with more or less the same squad as his predecessor.
Proved he can win games in this league so it's a yes from me
It worries me we are looking at a Manager who knows how to manage at the bottom of the Championship which could be indicator we are going to be in that position next season…

I think he’d be a good choice. He has a very good coaching background before Sheff Wed. He’s done a fantastic job there, even if they do go down. Still inexperienced but that also means he could improve.
I’d still prefer Cooper but would be happy with Rohl as head coach. He would have to be allowed to bring in some of his own staff but that applies to who we we bring in.

Johnson and mowbray did
Both those and their assistants didn’t need compensation though
If he wants to move up in the footballing ladder then he’ll have to work with a sporting director. The idea he’s in charge of finances for things like contracts just will not be true at all.
I never said he was in charge. I said that he has the final say and he was quoted as saying he preferred that way.
It's the chairman, who is also the owner of the club, and then there's me. All decisions are made between the two of us. I'm involved in all transfers, all contract extensions, booking hotels. I have to sign off on it all. This short chain of command is, on the one hand, good to get things done quickly; but it's a lot of work. My very experienced coaching team help me out a lot.'

Last edited:
Both those and their assistants didn’t need compensation though

I never said he was in charge. I said that he has the final say and he was quoted as saying he preferred that way.
It's the chairman, who is also the owner of the club, and then there's me. All decisions are made between the two of us. I'm involved in all transfers, all contract extensions, booking hotels. I have to sign off on it all. This short chain of command is, on the one hand, good to get things done quickly; but it's a lot of work. My very experienced coaching team help me out a lot.'

So what happens if he says I want so and so on a four year deal and the owner says nah I’m not funding it

My brother is a SWFC season ticket holder.

He told me that they were shockingly bad under Munoz but under Rohl they very quickly looked “a team”. Says you can tell they’ve been trying things in training as players seem to know their roles.

Another strength is he’s a likeable bloke, pretty honest, tells it how it is and excellent at English (like most Germans) and speaks well in interviews.

His negatives are he’s experienced as a coach but very inexperienced as a manager. He’s approached some away matches playing positive attacking tactics and been thrashed.

My brother has supported SWFC for over 40 years and is convinced Rohl will become a top manager. Pretty certain SW only gave him a 1 year contract so can’t see compensation being an issue once the season has ended. Their fans will be really sad and angry if he leaves.

Back