Costa v Starbucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

costa has the nicest coffee but starbucks have the nicest cookies/shortbread. i quite enjoy having a nice relaxing cup of coffee in any of the above with the mrs after a mooch round the shops.
i also couldn't care less if it's deemed to be cool/uncool.

costa has the nicest coffee but starbucks have the nicest cookies/shortbread. i quite enjoy having a nice relaxing cup of coffee in any of the above with the mrs after a mooch round the shops.
i also couldn't care less if it's deemed to be cool/uncool.

You enjoy it if you want there mate!

Fwiw, of the chains Nero is indeed 'the best' but if you're not into coffee you'd not know the difference.

i do like my coffee mate and have heard before that nero is canny. might give it a whirl next time we're out shopping.

The new 'chain' is this Blue Mountain thing doing coffee from an expensive Jamaican estate. There's definitely one in Cambridge and I'm looking out for one in Norwich.

If you get the Blue Mountain beans from a coffee merchant they're about 4x more expensive than most other beans so I'm wondering how they provide an affordable product in their shops...

Yet to try them anyway as I think the beans aren't 4x as good for 4x the price.

Edit:

Just looked it up and their only UK outlet is Cambridge. Assumed it must be a chain from its décor and placement in a shopping mall :lol:

All you can drink coffee in Wetherspoons for less than a quid. Good stuff as well.

No good mind for all the puffs and lasses who ask for 'skinny this' and 'extra froth that' on their almond milk cappuccino with sprinkles.

This
Costa n Starbucks are overpriced crap. Wethers or an independant for me.

No offence but this particular part of the forum looks abysmal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back