Costa v Starbucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOMORESHITETHREADSABOUTOVERPRICEDPOSHCOFFEE

Seems to be his only comeback against you on every thread, its not even good craic either :oops: :lol:

I asked him what irony meant and I'm still waiting for a response :lol:

Both bland as fuck. I can make a much better cup at home for a fraction of the price.

Buy an espresso machine, a burr grinder and some decent beans and your sorted.

And a heads up that pumphreys have an offer on Groupon at the minute making their beans even better value.

How much did your home espresso machine cost? I can well believe you buy better beans but unless you've spent several grand on the machine it won't match a machine in one of the big chains for extraction.

Slightly ironic that such an American pastime would be considered patriotic.

Going for a coffee? There's been coffee houses in England long before America became a country.

How much did your home espresso machine cost? I can well believe you buy better beans but unless you've spent several grand on the machine it won't match a machine in one of the big chains for extraction.

Going for a coffee? There's been coffee houses in England long before America became a country.
It's unbritish. I don't care about the facts.

Cafe Nero is my favourite of the big chains. Prefer Costa over Starbucks like.

Coffee is a woman's drink and any blokes that drink it have breath that stinks of shit.
Fact
People who put fact at the end of sentences are wrong'uns.

Last edited:
:lol:

It's really British, man. Loads of trade in Coffee during the empire days. Especially to England.
As I said I'm not bothered. Sitting drinking coffee with frothy milk and marshmallows is really shit. I'm not having it no matter what you say.

The machine was less than £100. And after having a cup in Costa on Friday and sitting having one at home now i stand by the fact I prefer my own.

The machine was less than £100. And after having a cup in Costa on Friday and sitting having one at home now i stand by the fact I prefer my own.

You probably have a very uncultured palette then. Or you've bought some extremely nice beans. The pump power in a 100 quid machine just can't extract from the ground as well as a professional unit.

Soz like.

Thats not really an American thing. They tend to have black coffee. Which is, funnily enough, known as an 'Americano' across Europe.
Yes but you're on about Starbucks and all that shit. They're crap American style coffee shops. The old English coffee shops were fuck all like that. The likes of Starbucks and that are for absolute Fannies. Tbh I hate the whole drinking coffee thing anyway "I can't function till I've had caffeine" fuck off you stupid bastards!

I'm not mad about it or anything though.

Yes but you're on about Starbucks and all that shit. They're crap American style coffee shops. The old English coffee shops were fuck all like that. The likes of Starbucks and that are for absolute Fannies. Tbh I hate the whole drinking coffee thing anyway "I can't function till I've had caffeine" fuck off you stupid bastards!

I'm not mad about it or anything though.

I just like Coffee there mate. Fwiw I don't go to any chain places. Norwich has loads of good little coffee shops which don't have marshmallows.

I just like Coffee there mate. Fwiw I don't go to any chain places. Norwich has loads of good little coffee shops which don't have marshmallows.
I'm not keen on it really. I don't mind it in cakes and desserts but just don't care for it. Rather have an earl grey or a Rooibos.

Surprises me as I know you're a foodie and I can't fathom not finishing a meal with coffee :lol:
Don't like caffeine. Plus I like subtle flavoured food and drinks. Coffee is a dominant flavour and I can taste it for ages after. It's too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back