Corbyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is absolutely, categorically, and without question not 'flux', it is the ongoing collapse of the Labour party! How many times can I tell you that you are deluded before you look at the many points many many people are making and you consider that just possibly, it is not looking good for Corbyn? I can accept that you might not agree with the assessment but you could at least see that such an opinion is not necessarily derived from some kind of irrational bias.
q.
Mate, I have been to the match, seen my team win and started ( some while ago ) drinking wine. I have now turned to neat rum . I may get a bit grandiose and start wanting you executed ,so probably best not bother for tonight . I may be back in a bit though , just tell me to fuck off .:lol:

ISIS covers a land area bigger than Britain...

As I said, there's going to be a much bigger loss of life if and when Assad and Vlad deal with them.

I get the impression the left arent bothered about civilian life here. I haven't seen a single one of them protesting against Assad or Putin...

Bang on chap.

Corbyn's 'strategy' is a f***ing joke man. It involves twatting about trying to find and close down bank accounts while ISIS crack on killing people.
And Cameron's next step after waving his dick by proxy by sending the bombers in is what again?

Because they are conditioned to think it's showing us as "strong".

I'll tell you right here and now how this will pan out. We'll "win" the vote to bomb in Syria. Lots of hype and edited pictures of our super precision bombs blowing things up.

Isis will stage a few civilian hits, laying out bodies of kids killed by the bombs. More 13 year old British Muslim kids will watch Isis propaganda on t'internet and see their "brothers" being massacred by the evil coalition of the West.

We will be drawn into the next stage of the argument that bombing alone isn't enough and we need boots on the ground. Off we trot and send the next batch of 18 & 19 year old kids from the sink estates in our inner cities.

Next time we see them will be when their scooped up remains are brought back in body bags and we bow respectfully as their coffins parade through Wooton Basset.

That 13 year old kid from earlier is now 18 and will blow himself up on a tube in London after unloading 3 magazines from an AK 47 into a crowded carriage.

Lord Cameron will receive a round of applause as he praises PM Osbourne's budget slashing the defence budget while 3 "trots" attend Corbyn's funeral and the papers print a précis reminding us again what a dangerous cowardly nutter he was.

Quality post that mate, agree 100%

I'm not deflecting fuck all mate. You claimed early that we ask for a person whose more in touch with the public about these issues (corbyn). I'm just pointing out that rightly or wrongly people are on favour of air strikes so Corbyn isn't in touch with public opinion

Personally as I explained earlier I would hate to be in the postion of prime minister in times like this. The Internet has spawned a nation of experts all having there say on unbelievably tricky life or dearth decisions with them people knowing there will be no comebacks for them.

How do you know that people are in favour of air strikes?

What would be very interesting to learn would be the ages/occupations of those who laud Corbyn, on this board.

My best guess (for what it's worth) is that they are either "kiddywinks" (still at/recently left "Uni") or older and have been, primarily, employed in/involved with the Public Sector and/or local politics all of their lives.

Are there any who will stick their heads above the parapet that do not conform to my perception?

There obviously may be some, but I doubt that many!

;)

I don't fall into your categories :)

Last edited:
It is absolutely, categorically, and without question not 'flux', it is the ongoing collapse of the Labour party! How many times can I tell you that you are deluded before you look at the many points many many people are making and you consider that just possibly, it is not looking good for Corbyn? I can accept that you might not agree with the assessment but you could at least see that such an opinion is not necessarily derived from some kind of irrational bias.

what a fanny you are. you telling people any number of times anything doesnt make you right. People dont agree with you, just deal with it.

Quality post that mate, agree 100%

How do you know that people are in favour of air strikes?

I don't fall into your categories :)

Corbyn, Abbott and Livingstone have done more damage to the Labour party in the last 3 months than these tory twats have done in 10 years

Where we normally end up at the arse end of lefty labour policy, career politicians living in london fookin off the working class....

This may not end up there, let's see, I deep down think it's not going to work but I'm willing to give it a chance. If it fails, well we are where we always were.

Cameron has a semi on for bombing, it's all he wants, anyone would think that those attacks in Paris were exactly what he wanted. I was wondering how far our boundaries for grief extend to. France, we played the national anthem at all games, I reckon we would have done it if the attacks happened in Germany. Spain maybe but we didn't after the Madrid bombing, Norway we didn't after Anders Breivik's outrage, the rest of Europe I don't think we'd have bothered. The Russian plane brought down by a bomb, like Lockerbie yet it's hardly mentioned.

This may not end up there, let's see, I deep down think it's not going to work but I'm willing to give it a chance. If it fails, well we are where we always were.

He's unelectable, the longer him and the lentil eating lefties stay in the limelight the bigger the damage

Well there is one thing he has achieved, even if I doubt that was his aim. I am not sure the PLP were looking for a leader that would cause themselves all this mischief though.
The PLP want someone like them. The issue is that they are somewhat removed from the bulk of the membership. Moving forward, the question is: is there anyone in the PLP with a foot in both camps who can bridge the divide? If not, Corbyn's successor will be another used car salesman who stands for nothing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...aceless-enemy-leaving-isis-free-a6751871.html

The PLP want someone like them. The issue is that they are somewhat removed from the bulk of the membership. Moving forward, the question is: is there anyone in the PLP with a foot in both camps who can bridge the divide? If not, Corbyn's successor will be another used car salesman who stands for nothing.
Or alternatively, are the 250k of the membership that voted for him indicative of the voting public at large, not just labour supporters, but also the folk who occupy the centre of the country in general, as that's where most voters sit.
It's all well and good him saying he's got a mandate from the membership but will he appeal to the country at large as regardless of the membership, labour could be well and truly wiped out.

And on mandates, to, Watson says he's in favour of the air strikes and has also stated he has a mandate, which he has. They can't both have a mandate from the same people yet have opinions poles apart.

what a fanny you are. you telling people any number of times anything doesnt make you right. People dont agree with you, just deal with it.

But I am not just telling you I am right. Many people are giving you multiple reasons for why you are wrong and you are just ignoring them. You will not acknowledge the mess Labour is in. You still seem to be convinced that Labour are doing fine, better in fact than when Miliband was running the show. At best you are revealing that you have no interest in Labour being a party that attracts a level of votes that will return a respectable number of seat in a general election, and that the current disaster is actually great new for Labour.

I have had a fundamental problem with Labour's long term pre-Corbyn tendancy to try to appeal to whatever group will give them the votes they need to win elections by painting them as deprived people needing help. Since at least the start of the Blair era their modus operandi has been to point at groups that are actually doing quite well out of the state and the country and to say to them "You are prejudiced against, you are having money taken from you, you are lacking opportunities because of society". They created imaginary problems and imaginary bad guys causing the imaginary problems. The apex of this approach was the last general election where the mainstream public saw through this ruse and it cost Labour massively. The cry wolf tactics alienated a lot of people because they could see the benefits of the Coalition, yet Miliband was there blathering on about how many had supposedly been treated abysmally. In turn he was crafting the new support for the Labour party. He was chasing away the more reasonable people in the middle ground, and attracting the deluded who actually believed his cry wolf stories. When it came to asking them who they wanted to be the new leader, it is no suprise that they rejected the most moderate candidates. Miliband spent his election crying wolf, and he kept all of the folk who did not walk away shaking their head.

For me, Corbyn makes a few good points, but where he does make good points they are generally lost by his complete inability to engage in a meaningful way with his own party, his inability or fear to place competent speakers in to the key roles, and his inability to allow anyone closely associated with basic competence to do the shadow jobs he has appointed them to. I would dearly have liked Corbyn to have been able to force more parliamentary debate and further revisions of the plans for Syria because I think what is proposed is being done on the back of the Paris attacks in the hope that the emotive aspect will push it through. However, he has demonstrated idiotic handling of his own party, and a basic lack of respect for his MPs and their opinions, and has turned a potential position of strength into a position of weakness purely through a lack of basic tact and diplomacy. That is one thing when you are the leader of the Labour Party. It is entirely another when you are the Leader of the Opposition and your role is to hold to account the ruling government. If he had been able to treat his party with some respect, he probably would have been able to force the Conservatives to come back for more debate and at the very least more checks and balances could have been put in place. As it stands, after Corbyn made such a mess and yet again annoyed so many of his own MPs, I would not be suprised if a Parliamentary vote on the proposition comes swiftly after Monday's PLP meeting, when Cameron will probably expect the Labour MPs to be at their angriest.

Or alternatively, are the 250k of the membership that voted for him indicative of the voting public at large, not just labour supporters, but also the folk who occupy the centre of the country in general, as that's where most voters sit.
It's all well and good him saying he's got a mandate from the membership but will he appeal to the country at large as regardless of the membership, labour could be well and truly wiped out.

And on mandates, to, Watson says he's in favour of the air strikes and has also stated he has a mandate, which he has. They can't both have a mandate from the same people yet have opinions poles apart.

Neither Corbyn or Watson have a mandate from the party on bombing Syria because the members have never voted on it. Corbyn does have a massive mandate from the members to reshape the party based upon the policies in his election campaign.

The way you appeal to voters is by convincing them that you have polices that will work. For the last six years the Labour party have been unable to do that because they have had the exact same policies as the Tory party. The sooner the party start focusing on actual policies and attacking the incompetence of the government the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back