Corbyn economics backed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its my country, and as a citizen I see it as my duty to help make it a better place. This is one of the reasons I will vote for Corbyn, he is the only politican out there with bottle to put Tony Blair in the Hague for the crime of aggression. By doing so he will massively improve our international standing as he shows the world that we are a good people and are not prepared to accept and tolerate the behaviour of war criminals carrying out their crimes on our behalf.

Believe me, much of the vitriol, the fear, the much slinging and manipulation of the voting system in the leadership election is about making sure Blair and others are not held accountable for their actions.

Ireland wasnt and our role in the Middle East is ongoing. We constantly commemorate WW2 and yet we were still in India during that....Much of out colonialism and barbarism is very recent history, We cannot on the one hand constantly say things like "lest we forget" and glorify our role in WW2 while brushing actions were we behaved in an appalling fashion under the carpet, as much as it may be convenient and comfortable to do so.
What annoys me about posts such as this, is the insinuation the whole population of this country benefitted from our colonial past. The vast majority of working class people in this country during the time of the raj etc were living and working in very poor conditions and getting sod all benefit from the empire.

What annoys me about posts such as this, is the insinuation the whole population of this country benefitted from our colonial past. The vast majority of working class people in this country during the time of the raj etc were living and working in very poor conditions and getting sod all benefit from the empire.
And all those wars fought to protect British interests were actually fought to maintain the wealth and power of royalty, the aristocracy and industrialists. Most of those never got their hands dirty or risked their lives. Millions of "working class" people died to maintain the powerbase of a tiny minority while the vast majority of the country lived in appalling conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back