Corbyn economics backed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The modern troubles? Didnt realise there was a time limit on how long you were allowed to be pissed off with the people who stole your country......If Germany had won WW2, and occupied Britain now would you be ok with that?
So can the Picts now claim their country back from the invaders from Ireland who occupied their country?

Or the Beaker folk who were already in Ireland before the 'Irish' turned up, for that matter?

It's working just fine at thd moment over there with power sharing. Far from perfect but fine after 40 years of slaughter

As the leader of a major political party in Britain Corbyn needs to play diplomat and keep his trap shut no matter what he thinks personally

No matter who was I the right or wrong all them years ago no one is just going to leave thst country to let the other one have it for themselves. Power sharing is the only way it can work and Corbyn should be intelligent enough to realise that

Not sure Corbyn has commented on this either way has he? Is it not newspapers simply scraping around for stuff they think he may have said decades ago

Where do you live?

England

Why live in England if you are so bitter about the British? Can i suggest you head over to Ireland and see how will you are welcomed - not as a tourist but as a resident.

I despise the massacres we carried out in India too and the concentration camps we ran in Kenya and South Africa. Our behaviour during our Empire building and our role in the slave trade was absolutely appalling. Always found it slightly ironic that while we were lambasting Germany for their acts of aggression invading other countries in Europe, we were fighting to retain control of India a country we stole and occupied using massive amounts of violence.

Tell me, would you have criticised a German citizen for condemning Hitler for massacring the Jews, or for supporting the French resistance when they were blowing up Germans?

Being a citizen of a country does not mean blindly accepting that your country is always right, that is an act of treachery imho. Evil people sometimes run good countries and carry out evil acts in the name of that country. When they do such things it is the duty of the loyal citizens of that country to hold them to account. Sadly it is those ordinary citizens who often pay the consequences of their leaders evil acts with their lives as the victims of their evil retaliate......

While I will never accept or condone the violence used by the IRA, I absolutely understand their anger and frustration and desire to take their country back from the foreign power that stole it.

I despise the massacres we carried out in India too and the concentration camps we ran in Kenya and South Africa. Our behaviour during our Empire building and our role in the slave trade was absolutely appalling. Always found it slightly ironic that while we were lambasting Germany for their acts of aggression invading other countries in Europe, we were fighting to retain control of India a country we stole and occupied using massive amounts of violence.

Tell me, would you have criticised a German citizen for condemning Hitler for massacring the Jews, or for supporting the French resistance when they were blowing up Germans?

Being a citizen of a country does not mean blindly accepting that your country is always right, that is an act of treachery imho. Evil people sometimes run good countries and carry out evil acts in the name of that country. When they do such things it is the duty of the loyal citizens of that country to hold them to account. Sadly it is those ordinary citizens who often pay the consequences of their leaders evil acts with their lives as the victims of their evil retaliate......

While I will never accept or condone the violence used by the IRA, I absolutely understand their anger and frustration and desire to take their country back from the foreign power that stole it.

I once asked a former FB what exactly he was proud of when he shared one of those moronic Britain First posts and asked everybody to "Click Like if you are proud of the UK."

He didn't answer like. He dropped off on my latest regular FB cull. Still see him in the pub to talk to but don't really want such riffraff on my FB page.

I couldnt live in a country that i believed was so rotten. I also couldnt live with my conscience if i thought i or probably even my ancestors were part of the "we" that was responsible for those things.
Presumably you are also disgusted with the zulus roll in the slavery trade.

Hand wringing fanny. The events described were of their time, and nothing to do with anyone alive today. Compared to other colonial powers, and post-coloniao regimes, the British were extremely progressive, eg abolished slavery in 1833, USA 1865, Brazil 1888.

I couldnt live in a country that i believed was so rotten. I also couldnt live with my conscience if i thought i or probably even my ancestors were part of the "we" that was responsible for those things.

Its my country, and as a citizen I see it as my duty to help make it a better place. This is one of the reasons I will vote for Corbyn, he is the only politican out there with bottle to put Tony Blair in the Hague for the crime of aggression. By doing so he will massively improve our international standing as he shows the world that we are a good people and are not prepared to accept and tolerate the behaviour of war criminals carrying out their crimes on our behalf.

Believe me, much of the vitriol, the fear, the much slinging and manipulation of the voting system in the leadership election is about making sure Blair and others are not held accountable for their actions.

Hand wringing fanny. The events described were of their time, and nothing to do with anyone alive today. Compared to other colonial powers, and post-coloniao regimes, the British were extremely progressive, eg abolished slavery in 1833, USA 1865, Brazil 1888.

Ireland wasnt and our role in the Middle East is ongoing. We constantly commemorate WW2 and yet we were still in India during that....Much of out colonialism and barbarism is very recent history, We cannot on the one hand constantly say things like "lest we forget" and glorify our role in WW2 while brushing actions were we behaved in an appalling fashion under the carpet, as much as it may be convenient and comfortable to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its my country, and as a citizen I see it as my duty to help make it a better place. This is one of the reasons I will vote for Corbyn, he is the only politican out there with bottle to put Tony Blair in the Hague for the crime of aggression. By doing so he will massively improve our international standing as he shows the world that we are a good people and are not prepared to accept and tolerate the behaviour of war criminals carrying out their crimes on our behalf.

Believe me, much of the vitriol, the fear, the much slinging and manipulation of the voting system in the leadership election is about making sure Blair and others are not held accountable for their actions.

Ireland wasnt and our role in the Middle East is ongoing. We constantly commemorate WW2 and yet we were still in India during that....Much of out colonialism and barbarism is very recent history, We cannot on the one hand constantly say things like "lest we forget" and glorify our role in WW2 while brushing actions were we behaved in an appalling fashion under the carpet, as much as it may be convenient and comfortable to do so.

Have you got a quote from Corbyn saying he will put Blair in the Hague for war crimes?

When you say "we" do you mean all current and ex British citizens?

I like to think the majority of us were and are a good people yes. Sadly we are often led by scum
Then stop accusing " The British" of atrocities. Blame the leaders and their descendants who did and still are benefiting.
I dont want any fucker apologising on my behalf for things I havent done and very likely none of my ancestors did either. They were likely working themselves to death in a field or mine.

Dont you live in Geneva?

I repeat..... Lizzie doesn't seem to mind. Why would the public ?

Logon or register to see this image

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just remind me how many Irish people British soldiers killed? 13 on bloody Sunday alone wasnt it, think thats slightly more important than a member of the Royal family or govt tbh.

You will find out when the electorate decisively reject Corbyn's left wing, cosying up to terrorist organisations and medieval Muslim extremists policies. Feel free to bump in 5 years time.

Your statement is pathetic by the way, how many children died in the Warrington bombing, not to mention other innocent civilians, then tell me how many children were killed by the British Army since the troubles began in Northern Ireland?

Im sure many think that murdering 13 unarmed Irish civilians mean feck all, it is that type of arrogance that led us to thinking we could steal somebodies country and just expected them to lie down and take it.

Tell me, if England was invaded by another country tomorrow, would you accept that that was ok or would you fight back? Lets say ISIS took over? Would you see yourself as a terrorist or someone fighting for the freedom of their own country against a foreign invader?

What invasion of Ireland are you referring to, Robert the Bruce, Oliver Cromwell, or some other from ancient history? The majority of NI citizens wish to remain part of the UK, and can you imagine how they would react to some ideological lefty forcing them to join the Republic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back