Clean Nine (new juice plus con by women on facebook)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am eating an Autoimmune Paleo diet due to having an Autoimmune condition. The diet removes potential inflammatory triggers in the gut to restore gut function and stop gut permeability.

I concentrate my carbohydrate intake from fruit and vegetables and not grains due to the potential inflammatory effect they can have on gut.

I thought this was poking fun at idiots buying into clean9 and Forever Living lifestyle.

I don't disagree with paleo eating mind, I like the lack of processed stuff.

On the Aloe juice front. That lass I know has just posted on Facebook that she's just resigned for her proper job. She must've conned a few folk with forever loving magic beans

So? Can you talk me through the logic as to why that means we shouldn't cook things? Because it really doesn't follow.

Lycopenes from tomatoes, as a well known example, become far more bioavailable when you cook tomatoes.

Praise be to modern science over bullshit assumptions.
I never said we shouldn't. I've said that the "normal" food for humans has been mostly raw fruit and veg

Just out of interest what was the average life expectancy on that diet ?
You mean before things like antibiotics, sewage systems, clean water that would skew the answer?

I never said we shouldn't. I've said that the "normal" food for humans has been mostly raw fruit and veg

And I'm questioning why that's relevant, at all, in the context of a discussion on healthy diets. It means that at some point in our history we were able to cook food, nothing else. There's literally nothing else it can add to the discussion.

All it does really is spread misinformation. Cooking vegetables mechanically damages plant cell walls and probably makes most nutrients more bioavailable to humans, seeing as we lack the requisite enzymes to break down cellulose in our guts.

And I'm questioning why that's relevant, at all, in the context of a discussion on healthy diets. It means that at some point in our history we were able to cook food, nothing else. There's literally nothing else it can add to the discussion.

All it does really is spread misinformation. Cooking vegetables mechanically damages plant cell walls and probably makes most nutrients more bioavailable to humans, seeing as we lack the requisite enzymes to break down cellulose in our guts.
Take a look at my first comment about it for the context you're looking for.
Misinformation about what? It's simple fact that for the majority of human existence we've been eating raw fruit and veg.
You seem to be looking for some deep meaning, agenda or controversy that simply isn't there.

Last edited:
Take a look at my first comment about it for the context you're looking for.
Misinformation about what? It's simple fact that for the majority of human existence we've been eating raw fruit and veg.
You seem to be looking for some deep meaning, agenda or controversy that simply isn't there.

Your first comment suggested there is a way of 'eating normally' which is totally meaningless. Yes, eating raw things was normal before we discovered how to cook. Now it isn't. Cooking seems to be one of the inventions that allowed humans to become the immensely successful species they are now.

The implication of your post seems to be that we should stop cooking our vegetables.

Your first comment suggested there is a way of 'eating normally' which is totally meaningless. Yes, eating raw things was normal before we discovered how to cook. Now it isn't. Cooking seems to be one of the inventions that allowed humans to become the immensely successful species they are now.

The implication of your post seems to be that we should stop cooking our vegetables.
No it's quite clear what I said. Which I've repeated 4 f***ing times now.
Stop putting words in my mouth trying to find an argument that isn't there.

A lass on facebook has been eating 600 calories per day and some Aloe Vera drink for the last 8 days and tomorrow is going to reveal the amazing results. Unless she is 5 stone I am fairly confident of her losing at least 4 lbs.
Its the latest con, the lady doing this is selling it and admits 600 calories is extreme but the actual Aloe Vera drink is garbage! I was talking to a herbalist in gym the other day about this and he said the quality must be terrible. Aloe Vera plants lose 90% of their great healing/health properties within 24 hours of it being cut.

So to summarise the aloe vera is a placebo and may as well drink water (due to aloe vera being useless unless littered with preservatives) and aimed at vulnerable lasses.

Its going to put you at a calorie deficit which can be done without splashing money out on this ''clean nine'' con.

Herbalists are like homeopaths and nutritionists. Literally ANYONE can set themselves up as one. There are no recognised professional qualifications that are acknowledged by the medical profession. They are mostly quacks out to extort ££ from the stupid

On the Aloe juice front. That lass I know has just posted on Facebook that she's just resigned for her proper job. She must've conned a few folk with forever loving magic beans
Its a shame that so many people are being conned for her to make a living. Its mainly gullable lasses on facebook falling for it who are doing this but I have even seen the odd lad doing it recently.

here's another con

It started with a midnight release, when gamers used G Fuel to stay awake and play all night. Then word spread all the way up to the pros who use it to kick ass in competitions. Now the word is spreading and more and more gamers are choosing G Fuel over sugary syrup based energy drinks.

http://gfuel.com/pages/gammagamers

I fell for a one by hellen mirren(bet she had shares in company) & that she took some fish oil , £30 a tub but got 3 for 2 in boots, trying to find article

when I lost 10 stone wish I'd thought of a facebook con. :p but if only I'd video'd meself everyweek and posted on youtube I'd have made money.

its a change of lifestyle thats needed not a yo yo diet ie healthy eating + exercise.

I know two people selling it, they both have the same spiel - "I'm doing to improve my family's quality of life". It's almost cult like.

What's more annoying is you are being constantly sold something during a normal conversation whether it's in a text message or face to face. You may get a few people buying something when you first start out however when they see through the product your friends will be that fucked off with you, the second income disapears and they don't want to spend any time with you.

I thought this was poking fun at idiots buying into clean9 and Forever Living lifestyle.

I don't disagree with paleo eating mind, I like the lack of processed stuff.

She must be nearing the top of the pyramid, lots of' meetings' with her 'team' in Starbucks with photos on Facey no doubt.

#lovemyjob

Actually lets simplify the whole thing.

Lasses + FB = stupid gullible herd.:lol::lol:;)

but who's credit card do they pay for it with, not that stupid.

just buy a juicer / blender (blender is best) & buy some fruit & multivitamins with iron & cheap fishoil & do some exercise.

I fell for the helen mirren eats these fish oils (£90 for 3 tubs) any cheap shite will do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...oure-wasting-money-says-nutrition-expert.html

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/juice-plus-is-it-just-a-meal-replacement.938940/page-3

Last edited:

You mean before things like antibiotics, sewage systems, clean water that would skew the answer?
Are you saying cooking food and boiling water made no improvement in food hygiene practice?

This ''forever living'' has just hit a new low, a woman on my facebook showing a video of her daughter drinking the stuff and reading out the benefits of it from a script. Not far off child cruelty, tbf her and her husband are mags.

Reactions: ozz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back