Clarke next to go

If reports are to be believed we have turned down a number of bids in the region of £15M

If Boro can demand a fee of £15M for Morgan Rogers after only achieving what Jack Clarke has managed to do in 10 games and Bristol City can demand a fee of £25M for Alex Scott then there’s no reason we shouldn’t be getting £20M-£25M.

I doubt it would need me to explain that to Speakman and co

Any lingering hope of Jack Clarke staying is long gone.

You only had to watch his comments in STID3 to see he’s not interested in being part of a basket case of a club an that’s where we’re at at the moment.

Seasons pretty much done as far as I can see.
You might be the first person to say that.

Our only hope of keeping Clarke was to go up this year. Speakman's decision making over the last 12 months has seen to it that that won't happen.

You only had to watch his comments in STID3 to see he’s not interested in being part of a basket case of a club an that’s where we’re at at the moment.

Dumb assessment… very dumb!

He has to go, if we still have this owner & this model going forward then unless we get promoted we have to sell him & a number of others. Otherwise we will continue to buy kids & won’t improve. For that reason the sooner we sell him the better for me.

Clarke was always going to leave this summer, the club did well to keep him for another year.

Can't blame Clarke if he does go. Played well for us and in the scheme of things he only has one career and earning potential which he won't get here.

That’s an absolute certainty. And I bet it’s for nowhere near the sums people seem to think will get for him.
Be a mid to lower prem team, which will be a massive bump in his wages so good luck to the lad if / when he goes.
Let’s be honest unless he’s sold there isn’t gonna be much movement in the transfer market next summer but with the double edged sword of losing our most creative player/ goal scorer and having to have a new winger and a goal scorer from the money

Back