Clarke next to go

Think you’re misquoting him here like.

Regardless he will be gone in the summer if we don’t go up and I don’t blame him. Fantastic player who deserves to play above our current level.
Funny sometimes …
On one hand -after a win “ enjoy them while you can as ( insert name ) will be off soon ..
We will have no one left according to this place as they will be off to play at a higher level…..
Then on the other hand after a defeat -they are crap and who in the Prem would want them after that performance !we need to cash in as they would get found out if they went higher up!

Think you’re misquoting him here like.

Regardless he will be gone in the summer if we don’t go up and I don’t blame him. Fantastic player who deserves to play above our current level.
On one hand -after a win “ enjoy them while you can as they ( insert name !) will be off soon “
We will have no one left according to this place as they will be off to play at a higher level…..
Then on the other hand after a defeat -they are crap and who in the Prem would want them after that performance !we need to cash in as they would get found out if they went higher up!

Last edited:
Any lingering hope of Jack Clarke staying is long gone.

You only had to watch his comments in STID3 to see he’s not interested in being part of a basket case of a club an that’s where we’re at at the moment.

Seasons pretty much done as far as I can see.
You do realise that interview was two years ago?

Todays decision will have fuck all bearing on Jack Clarke staying or going.

To say otherwise is stupidity.
You don’t keep good players changing managers twice a season year in year out, that much I do know.

Yeah, he probably would have left either way without promotion but this seasons been a shambles on and off the pitch.

Any lingering hope of Jack Clarke staying is long gone.

You only had to watch his comments in STID3 to see he’s not interested in being part of a basket case of a club an that’s where we’re at at the moment.

Seasons pretty much done as far as I can see.
He was always going this summer.

What he actually said was that he had doubts coming to a club that seemed to be a basket case but he came anyone and feels like he made the right decision. It doesn't mean he'll stay but we should twist his words either.

He had doubts whilst he was at the club when we sacked Johnson soon after he got here too. Not just before signing.

be plenty interested in the summer, its what we have groomed him for, to make us money

I dont think anybody seriously expected him to stay past this summer window

Does he? Let's be real here, the last Premier League team we played showed him up and he's regularly suffocated out of games by Championship defenders.

TBF, he gets a load of attention from any team that takes his threat seriously; in a decent premier league team, the opposition wouldn't have the luxury of doubling up on him.

be plenty interested in the summer, its what we have groomed him for, to make us money

I dont think anybody seriously expected him to stay past this summer window

Surprised he ended up staying this season tbf. Given the lack of strength being added to the first team from January 23 onwards anyone with any kind of ambition for theirselves must have been having doubts.

Even if you buy Into the long term approach- many of these lads won't be here for the long term if they do well, so building a successful team from them without adding proven players to supplement is a long shot.

Back