Burnley fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland itself is 175k. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunderland,_Tyne_and_Wear

If you include the Borough then fair enough yes it increases. I'm unsure why you're mentioning catchment area, Burnley have a greater catchment area than we do, the problem is they have more competition. But that's life. We benefit from our location in some ways but at the same time there are disadvantages.
That is incorrect. It is actually 275,000. Strangely on Wikipedia as well as other sources, unless that excluding Washington, Houghton etc

Always had really good numbers.

Most go to Newcastle (was a load on the metro from there on Saturday)
A lot of Clarets were on the metro from and to sun land, due to many coming up by train and having to change at newcastle station.
Thats the route I was going to take, until I decided to drive up instead!

Mackems always welcome at the turf mate.

Bier huis also called the Bridge.If you like your real ale...thats the place!!!
2 of you meat heads in McDonalds didnt welcome Mackems at the Turf after we beat you 2-0. They were brow to brow with us at the counter and definitely didnt want us to have a Happy Meal. We went out in Whalley that night and your fans who we saw there were sound.
This season at the Bier Huis was great with both sets of fans mixing, and your fans loved it as we rained abuse down on the tit who walked past in a Newcastle shirt (theres always one)

2 of you meat heads in McDonalds didnt welcome Mackems at the Turf after we beat you 2-0. They were brow to brow with us at the counter and definitely didnt want us to have a Happy Meal. We went out in Whalley that night and your fans who we saw there were sound.
This season at the Bier Huis was great with both sets of fans mixing, and your fans loved it as we rained abuse down on the tit who walked past in a Newcastle shirt (theres always one)
Sorry about your experience at macdonalds mate....As you know there are always one or two pillocks knocking about unfortunately!..
Glad you enjoyed your night in Whalley though,top place and usually full of tottie!!

Sorry about your experience at macdonalds mate....As you know there are always one or two pillocks knocking about unfortunately!..
Glad you enjoyed your night in Whalley though,top place and usually full of tottie!!

Love burnley away mate, hope you stop up, an old fashioned football club with hardcore fans, the bier huis was class this season, but i think the german lager is a bit strong for me :lol:

My sister lives there. Will tell her not to wear those miniskirts for church! Shes 60 year old:D:D

Love burnley away mate, hope you stop up, an old fashioned football club with hardcore fans, the bier huis was class this season, but i think the german lager is a bit strong for me :lol:
The german lager is what I drink, when we go in there pre match.Its a cracking pint, but bloody strong!Dortmunder its called...beware!

I sit in the SS now but was originally in the NS from the SoL opening. It, the NS, was going to be the home end when the stadium opened and initally was very loud (which coincided with a period of decent form as well) but as time went by more and more people who sang did migrate into SWC. Since I've moved I have to say the SS/SWC is louder than where I used to be, does sing a hellava lot more and does generally have a lot more bounce. But part of the problem is that it's hard to get much atmosphere going when the football has been so lacklustre and the other 3 sides of the ground get involved so little. I've sat in most of the other areas of the SoL and have to say the worst offender by far imho is the east stand which is absolutely horrendous. I know it's generalisation and the other two stands, with the exception of small pockets, aren't much better but if it wasn't for the SS/SWC the SoL wouldn't have an atmosphere. I think the club got it spot on making this the singing end and more importantly putting the family bit next door so the next generation can be close to the noise of the home fans. I also think moving the away fans our of sight as well also removed a huge psychological advantage to their team and while it might sound loud if your next to or underneath them in most other parts of the ground it negates the influence they have because it's harder to hear them. The argument that this impacts on the atmosphere doesn't really work for me as you can still hear what their saying just not as loud as when they were at ground level. We all know how good support creating volumes of noise can influence and effect performances on the pitch so it's a win win for me if we can reduce that. Very few clubs come and bring a big enough support to influence a game as markedly as they used to but we need better football and results before the atmosphere is ever going to improve massively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back