Buckley transfer unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh?

So £20k a week is mentioned in the press and nobody can repeat it unless they work for SAFC doing their wages?

Haway man grow up :lol:
Buckley is only on £20K with bonuses. He got the basic of £15K cause he did not play enough for the bonuses. £15K is still too much for an injury prone player for a Championship club.

Surely the DoF negotiated the finances and contract? Otherwise, why have a DoF? You're editing out a main player.
He did........they were a couple of names on a list of about 8 given to said DOF..........Guess who the only two we got were............

Out injured leg injury of some sort.

Yes - a bad one by the looks of it. Bit of a shame - wanted Gradel to do well. Like to see people who've fought their way up through the leagues succeed. We stand to benefit though: be good to get Buckley off the books. Nothing against him, but he's not up to it.

Poyet wanted him as he did Alvarez. £20k a week is just ridiculous for his standard.

It's just bad business sense, why offer such a massive increase? Buckley would likely have joined with a reasonable increase to his pay without having to price him out of the championship

He did........they were a couple of names on a list of about 8 given to said DOF..........Guess who the only two we got were............
Could be wrong but weren't Buckley and Bridcut signed by different DOF, Bridcuut Di Fanti and Buckley Congerton

I think Buckley was a bit indulgent, but given Poyet's system I think Bridcutt was worth a shot. He won Championship player of the season - and we're forever bemoaning our inability to pluck out young(ish) English players with potential from lower leagues at a decent price. Sadly, it just didn't work out.

£15K or £20K: it makes the difference. Buckley could conceivavbly sign a 3 or four year contract with a Championship cub on £11K a week if he really is on £15K a week. It might be between the two figures.

I don't think he would be signed by Sheff Wed or Leeds as they both have players in his position. By PL standards they are only reserve wages anyway. So pay reserve wages, expect to get reserve standard. Getting rid of Danny Graham will be harder as I bet he is on a much higher whack. I would take Buckley over Graham any day of the week.

Could be wrong but weren't Buckley and Bridcut signed by different DOF, Bridcuut Di Fanti and Buckley Congerton
yes they were signed at different times but we wanted Buckley when we wanted Bridcutt......

Would love to know who the ones we didn't get were

I think Buckley was a bit indulgent, but given Poyet's system I think Bridcutt was worth a shot. He won Championship player of the season - and we're forever bemoaning our inability to pluck out young(ish) English players with potential from lower leagues at a decent price. Sadly, it just didn't work out.
Never was going to be good enough but in a dire relegation battle he was worth a shot as cover in case of injuries.

If the DoF is a failed model, then going back to a manager should give people nightmares.

Exhibit A - Stephen Fletcher
Exhibit B - Danny Graham

Bot far, far bigger wastes of fees and wages than anyone either DoF has thus signed.

If the DoF is a failed model, then going back to a manager should give people nightmares.

Exhibit A - Stephen Fletcher
Exhibit B - Danny Graham

Bot far, far bigger wastes of fees and wages than anyone either DoF has thus signed.
Individually but collectively Di Fanti wasted a ton more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back