Bradley Dack

An utterly disastrous signing.

Contributed practically nothing and widely reported to currently be the highest earner at the club.

Ironically, he's the only player in the last couple of seasons we've brought in who you could say was categorically a manager's signing.
Undoubtedly signed on Uncle Tony's recommendation but there's no way Tony would have been involved in contract negotiations

Like most signings he was gamble but instead of ability it was a gamble on fitness. Like most of last summer’s gambles it hasn’t worked out for us.

You can see the reasoning for wanting a player with some experience of this level and someone who is decent at set pieces and able to hold the ball up unlike most of the rest of the squad. He was looking good before the injury, it just hasn’t worked out.

Hard to criticise his signing as we desperately need experience in the squad.
As a player I’m not keen though and hope he leaves in the summer.

An utterly disastrous signing.

Contributed practically nothing and widely reported to currently be the highest earner at the club.

Ironically, he's the only player in the last couple of seasons we've brought in who you could say was categorically a manager's signing.
There's nothing to suggest he's one of the top earners or on big money tbf. He'd have been a canny signing if he'd stayed fit imo.

I would keep him for another season. Harsh to judge someone after one season with a lot of niggling injuries

We need some experience and he offers something different

I would keep him for another season. Harsh to judge someone after one season with a lot of niggling injuries

We need some experience and he offers something different
What about him being a year older and a bit fatter suggests he will be less of a sicknote/wasted wage if given 12 months?
Also, if we release him where do people think he will turn up? I'd say a Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday or L1 team at this point.

Last edited:

Back