body can only manage 40g of protein at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Jane

Heard this a few times for it to have an element of truth. But how can it? Surely you could down 10 protein shakes in a row if you want?

Heard this a few times for it to have an element of truth. But how can it? Surely you could down 10 protein shakes in a row if you want?

My understanding is that the body will take all the time it wants to process the protein.

What's more important however is Protein synthesis , keeping up the anabolic effect up. Basically meaning it's in your best interest to regularly dose your body with protein over the day, so it's there when it needs it.

certain bodybuilders believe as long as you hit all your macros before you go to bed you're fine. Some prefer all carbs on morning, and all protein later in day.

I follow the protein synthesis rule, basically because there is evidence backing this up, and it won't have any negative effect of following this. I'll take any small step if it means the difference of getting your body to the next level. (things like iso protein straight after workout, casein before bed) Like I said some people don't believe or follow this, but again I believe all these small things add up and make the difference.

Last edited:

There is truth in the sense that if you did that many protein shakes it would leave your body faster than your GI tract could possibly absorb that much protein, either through being sick or the tom tits.

I think it would be astonishingly tough to consume more protein than you can process though. And 40g certainly isn't anywhere near that level.

dont think he means it like that? surely he means once you've gone over 40g it's pointless? dunno
Its old broscience that the body can only process 30 to 40g of protein at a time and at intervals of 3 hours. Anymore and it pisses it out.
Its total shite

Dave Tatie.

The mackem version.

He recently went over a diet he used at one point at Westside. It was just mental. Several all you can eat buffets per day, a pizza with extra olive oil and anything he could get on there plus loads of other shit including a Hershey's bar once per hour for every hour he was awake

He recently went over a diet he used at one point at Westside. It was just mental. Several all you can eat buffets per day, a pizza with extra olive oil and anything he could get on there plus loads of other shit including a Hershey's bar once per hour for every hour he was awake

Yep. Read his really old articles on Elite mate they're class. Had MacDs pancakes and syrup every morning. A lot of them too.

What was his physique like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back