Best console ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS2 or megadrive. Loved both, looking back we were spoiled with amazing games for the PS2. GTA, Medal of Honour, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Timesplitters and dozens more I've forgotten.

Atari 2600 is mave favourite ever, it was truly mindblowing at the time.
Also has great memories for me as I used to play on it with my dad as a kid, he sadly killed himself a few years later so those days are obviously very dear to me.
Sorry to bring the mood down :)

PS1 for me, just for how groundbreaking it was and how much the world shit themselves from the upgrade from snes/mega drive to a playstation.

Close 2nds are mega drive, snes and also n64 for releasing iconic games.
Ps1 by an absolute mile

Are we talking best console or best games library?

Things like the Saturn and particularly the Dreamcast which was light years ahead were very good machines/consoles. However their library let them down massively.

The PS2 was very under powered but it's library was immense and sold so many due to it being a cheap DVD player.

For me (top 6) it's:

Snes
N64
Ps1
Dreamcast
PS3

Obviously this is down to my personal experience with them.

PS1 for me, just for how groundbreaking it was and how much the world shit themselves from the upgrade from snes/mega drive to a playstation.

Close 2nds are mega drive, snes and also n64 for releasing iconic games.

I think the N64 is up there. I didn't realise how much fun they were at the time like.

Ps2 was f***ing shite man. None of you are old enough to remember the best consoles

You're shite you old kernt.

Atari 2600 is mave favourite ever, it was truly mindblowing at the time.
Also has great memories for me as I used to play on it with my dad as a kid, he sadly killed himself a few years later so those days are obviously very dear to me.
Sorry to bring the mood down :)

Fucks sake mate. :(

Still regret choosing a Mega Drive over a Snes when I was a bairn.

PlayStation was groundbreaking though.

I had the megadrive first then ended up getting a Snes once they were really cheap (I actually think the Saturn and PSX were out by the time I got it). I think the Snes is the console I spent the most time on over the years.

Last edited:
PS1 for me, just for how groundbreaking it was and how much the world shit themselves from the upgrade from snes/mega drive to a playstation..
There were 3 iterations from Sega between the mega drive and the ps1 coming out.

n64.
Too many legendary games on that console, not just the trendy games like Goldeneye either, WWE No Mercy is regarded as the best wrestling game ever made, ISS 64 best footballing game in that generation ever made.

All these young'uns, no idea.

Best was the Atari, groundbreaking stuff at the time and THE console to own (I had an Intellivision with the voice pack tho as I'm class!).

There was the Mega Drive/SNES and stuff which were very good and then the next jump has to be the PS1, which again was a massive leap on everything we knew and was the one to own.

Everything since has just been as it should be. The 3 above were the ones that stand out.

Reactions: Dsb
All these young'uns, no idea.

Best was the Atari, groundbreaking stuff at the time and THE console to own (I had an Intellivision with the voice pack tho as I'm class!).

There was the Mega Drive/SNES and stuff which were very good and then the next jump has to be the PS1, which again was a massive leap on everything we knew and was the one to own.

Everything since has just been as it should be. The 3 above were the ones that stand out.
Tbh the nes was a massive leap if you're looking at an atari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back