Beardsley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just on sky there at guittirez game , asked for his opinion on losing to us.
" most fans would appreciate we tried to win the game late on and am sure the majority of fans will be pleased with the way we played , just unlucky to get hit by a sucker punch. "
I haven't seen a mag poster anywhere that was happy with that performance like :D
You'd think all we had was one chance and we took it.
Fletcher's shot that was put on the bar was more likely to go in than Sissokho's..much more!
AJ and Gomez missed what were in effect open goals.
Taylor got injured saving a ball that was on the way in.
Wickham missed a header that should have gone in ..it was harder to miss than to score.
Seb ran out of steam but had he possessed AJ's skills he would have scored, but he ran out of ideas.
Pants made 2 easy saves at the feet of Perez.
Coloccini and Tiote were given clear get out Jail cards..both should have been off for disgraceful cynical fouls chasing headers they had zilch hope of getting.
But they got hit by a sucker punch..unbelievable

He turned Andy Cole from a petulant failure into a goal machine, so it would not be impossible. His influence also brought Robert Lee through as a top player relatively late in his career. He just seemed to improve whoever he shared a pitch with. It is a little disappointing that he was not able to turn that into a stronger coaching career. I can not see any team ever going a World Cup again with a front two that do not have a card between them, as England did in 1990.
Think your underestimating how good Andy Cole was there mind. I saw him play for Bristol City against us where he tore us a new one.

Just on sky there at guittirez game , asked for his opinion on losing to us.
" most fans would appreciate we tried to win the game late on and am sure the majority of fans will be pleased with the way we played , just unlucky to get hit by a sucker punch. "
I haven't seen a mag poster anywhere that was happy with that performance like :D
Sir Peter's words carry weight - the game was boring - no one could argue any different - pure boredom

Logon or register to see this image

Was God having a laugh or what :lol:[/QUOTE
show some respect

Sir Peter's words carry weight - the game was boring - no one could argue any different - pure boredom
You are to football what Mick Philpott was to responsible parenting

If this doesn't bring a tear to your eye I don't Know what will -Peter Beardsley is a living legend, a nice person too.

If this doesn't bring a tear to your eye I don't Know what will -Peter Beardsley is a living legend, a nice person too.
I honestly enjoyed that! Don't think you'll find anyone on here say he was anything but a top drawer player, better than Gazza for me.
I particularly enjoy the fact you have no one like him at present and probably the nearest player to him in style and stature is mag slayer Magic Johnson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back