Beardsley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ontap

Striker
Just on sky there at guittirez game , asked for his opinion on losing to us.
" most fans would appreciate we tried to win the game late on and am sure the majority of fans will be pleased with the way we played , just unlucky to get hit by a sucker punch. "
I haven't seen a mag poster anywhere that was happy with that performance like :D

" most fans would appreciate we tried to win the game late on and am sure the majority of fans will be pleased with the way we played , just unlucky to get hit by a sucker punch. "
I haven't seen a mag poster anywhere that was happy with that performance like :D

He's a mag employee, just toeing the party line he's been given by pardew.

They were lucky they didn't fall the the 'sucker punch' about 3 times in tne first half and 3 times in the second half. Must have seen it coming really

Logon or register to see this image

Stick Beardsley alongside Cattermole and Larsson and i've absolutely no doubt we'd now be comfortably top 8 or even higher.
He would instantly be the final piece in our midfield jigsaw puzzle.
I even think Jozy Altidore would start to look dangerous playing slightly ahead of him.

He turned Andy Cole from a petulant failure into a goal machine, so it would not be impossible. His influence also brought Robert Lee through as a top player relatively late in his career. He just seemed to improve whoever he shared a pitch with. It is a little disappointing that he was not able to turn that into a stronger coaching career. I can not see any team ever going a World Cup again with a front two that do not have a card between them, as England did in 1990.

He turned Andy Cole from a petulant failure into a goal machine, so it would not be impossible. His influence also brought Robert Lee through as a top player relatively late in his career. He just seemed to improve whoever he shared a pitch with. It is a little disappointing that he was not able to turn that into a stronger coaching career. I can not see any team ever going a World Cup again with a front two that do not have a card between them, as England did in 1990.

Great ball control and he saw the passing angles way before most normal players. He knew how to control the tempo of the game.
He was a very good footballer.

Great ball control and he saw the passing angles way before most normal players. He knew how to control the tempo of the game.
He was a very good footballer.
He could score goals out of nothing as well. There were a few crackers where he sent the entire defence where he wanted them to go, just to open up the space in the box so he could get his shot in. He scored a blinder like that against Villa. That did not rely on pace or power, it was just some amazing brain process that allowed him to send everyone the wrong way.

I see the amount of effort people put into saying he is ugly, and I feel I have to put at least an equal amount of effort into pointing out what a fine and original player he was.

He could score goals out of nothing as well. There were a few crackers where he sent the entire defence where he wanted them to go, just to open up the space in the box so he could get his shot in. He scored a blinder like that against Villa. That did not rely on pace or power, it was just some amazing brain process that allowed him to send everyone the wrong way.

I see the amount of effort people put into saying he is ugly, and I feel I have to put at least an equal amount of effort into pointing out what a fine and original player he was.

Scored some truly great goals, as you say, often out of nothing. He scored a good range of goals too, which meant he was very hard to channel away from danger. Everywhere was danger.

In some ways he had a touch of Dalglish about him. Superior athletes and opponents probably thought he was in their pocket and half a second later the ball was in the net.

Scored some truly great goals, as you say, often out of nothing. He scored a good range of goals too, which meant he was very hard to channel away from danger. Everywhere was danger.

In some ways he had a touch of Dalglish about him. Superior athletes and opponents probably thought he was in their pocket and half a second later the ball was in the net.

Unfortunately for Beardlsey, his wife had a touch of Dalglish about her too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back