April 15th live footy on tv

One of three teams for the last spot, @thamesvalleyman we only have one game left and need a point.
Good luck to the Cards against AFC Fylde on Saturday sis, I do hope that you get the point you need to survive. I'll be keeping everything crossed for a positive result.

Funny that my beloved Sunderland were at the Hawthorns on Saturday and, despite visiting there many times to watch my team play over the years, I always associate that particular venue with Woking's iconic and improbable 4-2 FA Cup victory in January 1991. The Isthmian Premier League beating a side from the old Second Division; Tim Buzaglo's eleven minute hattrick, Geoff Chapple and all that. A result that propelled you into the national limelight in the coming days and weeks. Happy days!

Another tenuous link to today's thread is that I believe it was Everton who knocked you out 1-0 in a tight fourth round tie at Goodison Park if my memory serves me right. @AndyGray1985?

All our yesterday's, eh?

Morning all. Back to reality today. Got plenty graft to keep me busy, I'm on a restricted diet for colonoscopy prep and I've got a routine liver function blood test appointment this afternoon. Probably not the best time to have one considering all the alcohol I drank last week šŸ¤”
Morning @Becs ...good luck and yes it's probably not the best time for liver tests after a week on the vino :eek:
Good morning Hank and everyone.
Nowt for me today thanks even though I enjoyed the weekends offerings.
I'm up early this morning. Couldn't sleep.

Morning MK hope the physio helps to sort you out, maybe tightens a few nuts and bolts or at least gives you some reassurance. Seriously though I hope all is good.
Regarding the golf, wasn't Scottie Scheffler class!!? I remember discussing his annual prize money with you, he broke the record last year, (23 tournaments won $21m), he's well on the way to beating that figure this year (9 tournaments won $15m). Amazing..

Have a great day everyone!!
Morning @gluepot , Thanks for the good wishes, ive had a screw loose for donkeys years šŸ¤£ I'm hoping the physio will give me the ok to have deep tissue massage as my hamstrings and thigh muscles are like guitar strings. We have a very good local masseuse who works from home who my wife and myself have been to previously she takes no prisoners

The right guy won last night, he birdied holes 7 8 and 9 I think and his playing partner Morikawa dropped 3 shots at the same holes. I was just reading that Rory has been offered Ā£850 mil to join LIV, if true that's obscene.

Last edited:
Good luck to the Cards against AFC Fylde on Saturday sis, I do hope that you get the point you need to survive. I'll be keeping everything crossed for a positive result.

Funny that my beloved Sunderland were at the Hawthorns on Saturday and, despite visiting there many times to watch my team play over the years, I always associate that particular venue with Woking's iconic and improbable 4-2 FA Cup victory in January 1991. The Isthmian Premier League beating a side from the old Second Division; Tim Buzaglo's eleven minute hattrick, Geoff Chapple and all that. A result that propelled you into the national limelight in the coming days and weeks. Happy days!

Another tenuous link to today's thread is that I believe it was Everton who knocked you out 1-0 in a tight fourth round tie at Goodison Park if my memory serves me right. @AndyGray1985?

All our yesterday's, eh?
It was a 1-0, but should have been at Kingsfield. Kevin Sheedy scored. He could probably still get in the team with a little training and we could bring him on for free kicks.

Happier days, indeed.

Last edited:

All our yesterday's, eh?

Great days, and we lost to Everton 1-0 and the Everton players clap the team off. Little fact Woking have never lost at Wembley and seen them all.
I will be attending next Saturday with me best mate.
Big fat Geoff built a very good side which included Clive Walker, great times.
I am pleased Tamworth have been promoted, Peaksy done a fantastic job there. Hope the Shields lads are okay after the accident?
Mod move this rubbish to non league forum šŸ˜…

Good morning Hank, Everton game good luck @AndyGray1985

Good morning Becs hope all goes well with diet and blood test.
Good morning lads and lasses, eventful day, yesterday, well done Scotie Sheffler.
Chucking down hear, with thunder and lighting at the moment.

One of three teams for the last spot, @thamesvalleyman we only have one game left and need a point. Good morning @Al Bundy have a good one.

@Mk Mackem you have been on a very long road to recovery, all the very best, for tomorrow's physio session mate.

Have a gud day one and all
Morning @sismanhatton , yes mate it's been going on for way too long and has put a downer on the last 6-7 years. I'm so so lucky to have Mrs.MK who deserves a medal as there's been some very low times caused by years of nerve pain.

We had a real downpour earlier with thunder, strong winds,hail and stair rod rain, looked to be heading your way so I hope your new fence is holding strong šŸ’Ŗ

Morning Hank, Becs and all from Manila, Philippines.

Morning @Bonzo @Frasmotic @two left feet @heroesof73 @WillInSpain @Ark @Ludwig @gluepot @VHFC @macum1920 @Snorbens @Al Bundy @Cyprus @horselover

Morning @Mk Mackem good luck with your physio and hope everything is OK.

Morning @sismanhatton really tight at the bottom of the National League hopefully Woking will be OK. Rochdale v Boreham Wood is a key game tomorrow, hopefully Rochdale cab win that and a win v Fylde who would then have nothing to play for will see you safe.

Will be watching Tom Lynn's funeral via streaming tonight. RIP Tom.
Cheers @thamesvalleyman it's appreciated šŸ™

Not sure if the 21s are streamed tonight...@hank williams ?

It started lashing down in London as well, we were walking thru St James Park, quick detour to Waterstones cafe ā˜•ļø šŸ‘
Morning macum, ya missed a trick there, shoulda dodged inta The Two Chairmen

Part of me wants Everton to go down, but a big part of me loves to see Chelsea lose . I'll give it a watch.
Naaah. As SAFC fans donā€™t want a club the size of Everton in our division next season. Itā€™s giving the club an excuse for failure. This season weā€™re the biggest club in the division and sitting iirc 13/24.

AHAA BTW. NOTSFM.
Except mebbes CvE. I love a struggling C game. I end up texting and wattsapping half a dozen of em like itā€™s gannin out of fashion. Hehehe. Funnily enuff Iā€™m never watching when theyā€™re winning!

Last edited:
Morning macum, ya missed a trick there, shoulda dodged inta The Two Chairmen

Afternoon KK. I remember you like that one. I went in there after Charles and Di 's wedding..
He could also have popped into the Star, the Feathers, the Adam and Eve and the Westminster Arms.

Great days, and we lost to Everton 1-0 and the Everton players clap the team off. Little fact Woking have never lost at Wembley and seen them all.
I will be attending next Saturday with me best mate.
Big fat Geoff built a very good side which included Clive Walker, great times.
I am pleased Tamworth have been promoted, Peaksy done a fantastic job there. Hope the Shields lads are okay after the accident?
Mod move this rubbish to non league forum šŸ˜…
I remember Clive Walker, then in the autumn of his career, scoring the winning goal for Woking against Millwall (ironically our next opponents this weekend) in an FA Cup replay at The Den with an accomplished finish past our former goalkeeper Tim Carter, God rest his soul.

Was that the year you took Coventry City, then of the top flight, to a third round replay and lost narrowly to an own goal in the second game?

Afternoon KK. I remember you like that one. I went in there after Charles and Di 's wedding..
He could also have popped into the Star, the Feathers, the Adam and Eve and the Westminster Arms.
Afternoon Sticky, haven't been in for a while but it was my regular haunt for a sneaky pint when I was at Horse Guards, me an' a colleague used to refer to each other as the Chairman. I'm certain the boss knew what we were referring to but he never said owt an' wasn't too bothered if we popped in for swift one after we had been out on a visit.

I remember Clive Walker, then in the autumn of his career, scoring the winning goal for Woking against Millwall (ironically our next opponents this weekend) in an FA Cup replay at The Den with an accomplished finish past our former goalkeeper Tim Carter, God rest his soul.

Was that the year you took Coventry City, then of the top flight, to a third round replay and lost narrowly to an own goal in the second game?

Didn't go to Millwall due to being at Wheatwood Hall Leeds on a course, so watch it on TV. I do remember Tim Carter.
Think it was, first game cancelled due to Snow, replay was fogged off, then played on the following Saturday which we drew. 83rd minute and still my favourite goal Steve Thompson slide in at the back post. (Apologies to Ian Porterfield)
Lost 2-1 in the following game.

At this rate @Cyprus l shall be inducting you into The Maybury boys, lunchtime in the Pricess Of Wales.
Morning @sismanhatton , yes mate it's been going on for way too long and has put a downer on the last 6-7 years. I'm so so lucky to have Mrs.MK who deserves a medal as there's been some very low times caused by years of nerve pain.

We had a real downpour earlier with thunder, strong winds,hail and stair rod rain, looked to be heading your way so I hope your new fence is holding strong šŸ’Ŗ

Fence has withstood everything being thrown at it, as has the bus shelter over the Bbq.
Behind us they are taken down a Hugh tree as it's been deemed dangerous. Real shame.
As said earlier, good luck tomorrow, and as you know l have follow your journey for a few years.

Last edited:

Back