Anyone reckon we might see some transfer action....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if the board can be confident in Poyet's choice of players. Wanted Rodwell and identified him as a main target. He was backed and the manger doesn't really fancy him. In and out etc. Spent 6m on Bridcutt and Buckley, both championship players. Using Gomez, when he slows everything down. Using the loan market for Coates etc.

I don't know if more money will be thrown at the situation now. The style and lack of managerial influence is the real worry. Don't want to continually sack managers however, if we are going backwards then I don't see an alternative.

If Short is considering giving Poyet the bullet, do you think he'll be thinking "I best get someone in before the end of the window"?

It's a tricky one.....IF Short and Congerton have done their homework they should have a list of suitable candidates......even a short new manager bounce could see us take enough points in our next four home games to make PL survival likely. It would need to be done rapidly though.....sack Gus tomorrow, appoint the new man by Friday at the latest and he has a couple of days to bring 1 or 2 in..... The alternative is risking all on a late season 7 game spell for a new manager.....and Short may just favour that.

The only players we sign under this DOF set-up are those that don't play regularly in the PL or are from lower leagues. Our best signing at the moment would be a Chief Executive who has a history of at least competence at another club so the current board can concentrate on what they do best, which is fuck all to do with football.

Spot on.....real change needs to happen from the top down before we see lasting change on the pitch.

Well we got one striker so that leaves another 10 positions to strengthen, not to mention a first team coach and a director of football

That Director of football just completed what many on here were calling the "deal of the century". He's going nowhere for the foreseeable.

Alex Ferguson would have failed here.

We keep saying these things as if the place is cursed......some people genuinely believe that..:lol:.. The truth is somewhat more mundane and essentially boils down to years of poor decision making......and judging by the appointment of de Fanti and Di Canio just 18 months ago it seems as if nothing has improved on that front. short needs to step aside as a "hands-on" Chairman and appoint a Chief executive who has a real track record in football......and he can instigate real change from the top down with full accountability.

Or is the concern over the team's performances largely confined to here.
IMO , yesterdays shite will have strenthened the argument for not spending until the future of gus is sorted . He will be shafted if we lose 2 out of the next 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back