Anyone Got a Speed Camera Radar Detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does it detect them? Is it not just be a case of getting the location database and positioning them so you get a notifications in your sat nav?

Be class if there was technology that was able to detect them rather than predict where they may be based on historical data

I bought my dad one about fifteen years ago. It beeps every now and then and he slows down. Never had a speeding ticket.
How does that work though? Is it a GPS type device or something that is scanning the frequencies or some shit

How does it detect them? Is it not just be a case of getting the location database and positioning them so you get a notifications in your sat nav?

Be class if there was technology that was able to detect them rather than predict where they may be based on historical data

How does that work though? Is it a GPS type device or something that is scanning the frequencies or some shit

Radar emits a radio wave at a particular frequency. It detects the radio wave which determines your speed. The in car detector picks up the radio wave and beeps. Same happens at lights with the little camera to detect traffic.

Last edited:

theres is mate,GPS, it detects plods laser and alerts you to it before you are close enough for them to clock you (handy for the 690), there's an article on them I was reading the other night I'll try and find it, illegal in Scotland though and several other European countries though I believe

Last edited:
I've one built into my phone navmii app. Automatically updates location of static and mobile ones. Gives audible beep and the like. App is free camera thing couple quid.

surely they've improved since then? Did it let you down or were you getting loads of false alarms? That seems to be the main issue with the modern ones from what I can gather

unfeasible
They should have improved but the police stopped using radar and used laser which can detect from further away(further than the camera detectors at the time). Lots of false alarms,traffic light cameras,places where there's no chance a mobile camera could be and also the fixed ones that you can't miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back