Anyone Got a Speed Camera Radar Detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radar emits a radio wave at a particular frequency. It detects the radio wave which determines your speed. The in car detector picks up the radio wave and beeps. Same happens at lights with the little camera to detect traffic.
They don't use radar

theres is mate,GPS, it detects plods laser and alerts you to it before you are close enough for them to clock you (handy for the 690), there's an article on them I was reading the other night I'll try and find it, illegal in Scotland though and several other European countries though I believe
Cheers, gonna look to buy one I reckon... surely it will detect police cars with the ANPR system too or does that not use the same tech?

They don't use radar
Do they not?

They should have improved but the police stopped using radar and used laser which can detect from further away(further than the camera detectors at the time). Lots of false alarms,traffic light cameras,places where there's no chance a mobile camera could be and also the fixed ones that you can't miss.

fair play but the ones I've been looking at detect laser aswell

Cheers, gonna look to buy one I reckon... surely it will detect police cars with the ANPR system too or does that not use the same tech?

honestly not sure marra but I would think it would

All well and good but if you are booting it you will probably not have enough time to slow down,some one who has a decent one and knows it works would be your best answer

that's what I'm hoping for

[
Possibly right.... back to reading
According to that gatsos are still radar,wonder if that's up to date

While mobile cameras can and do use radar or laser technology, the vast majority of mobile speed cameras these days are laser based. Laser is the preferred method as the operating range is far greater, typically up 1 mile away, rather than that of radar which operates over a distance - typically 200-300yards.

Last edited:
[

According to that gatsos are still radar,wonder if that's up to date

While mobile cameras can and do use radar or laser technology, the vast majority of mobile speed cameras these days are laser based. Laser is the preferred method as the operating range is far greater, typically up 1 mile away, rather than that of radar which operates over a distance - typically 200-300yards.

Going to attempt to find out more about the tech at work. Don't know how lads but I'll make it my mission to gain the intel necessary to combat these extremist extortionators, when did a speed camera ever save a life?

fair play but the ones I've been looking at detect laser aswell
How do they do that then? Surely the laser only exists when plod pulls the trigger, and it emits a focused beam. You'd need to be line of sight to detect it, wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back