Anthony Reveillere's injury is a real worry for Sunderland boss Gus Poyet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver lining is we hopefully get to see a young fullback from the academy in the first team.

Keep the four CBs in defence against hull until half time then bring Billy back in for the second half and we can go from there

It's a real shame, thought he had been excellent and I was already contemplating whether Gus should give him another years contract. Hopefully not out too long and can still have an impact on the remainder of the season in the new year.

May force us to sign a new left back now, I know Jones is almost fit but we can't continue having only 1 fit full back for long periods and I'd prefer him to play his natural position on the right.

As harsh as it sounds (and as brilliantly as he's done), he came in on a one-year contract and we've had what we needed from him - he's given us great short term cover whilst Jones and PVA have been injured. Jones is back now and will take his place, with PVA due back soon as well. It's worked perfectly.

He takes up a squad number, otherwise I would agree

I was hoping he would be this year's Patrice Carteron
The games he's played and the contribution would suggest to me his paid back what we will pay him and more.
He's been fantastic on both wings.
I thought we only named a squad of 23 anyway so we have the space

Silver lining is we hopefully get to see a young fullback from the academy in the first team.
Too much risk in that..imo.

The games he's played and the contribution would suggest to me his paid back what we will pay him and more.
He's been fantastic on both wings.
I thought we only named a squad of 23 anyway so we have the space

Too much risk in that..imo.

I'm hoping for a few signings next month

Unfortunately he played too many games when he first came to the club due to us not having adequate cover. He was pitched straight in and I think the high workload has probably caught up with him.

All depends on the nature of the injury anyway. It may not be as bas as feared.
If he is out for months then I would imagine they have a case.

Hang the expense, I want a replacement anyway.

He looks a class player mind....would have loved to have signed him 6 or 7 years ago and played him in his true position

If he is out for months then I would imagine they have a case.

Hang the expense, I want a replacement anyway.

He looks a class player mind....would have loved to have signed him 6 or 7 years ago and played him in his true position

6 or 7 years ago, a move to England for him would have been to Arsenal or Chelsea, most likely.

6 or 7 years ago, a move to England for him would have been to Arsenal or Chelsea, most likely.
I would have thought so

Maybe keep him around the club....I know good players don't always make good coaches but he seems a model pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back