Adli Aouchiche

Mowbray should have been man enough to say what he was really thinking instead of veiled insinuations about what he thought the team needs-primarily proven experience in key positions like defensive mid and central striker. If he thought he was over ruled regarding team selection it’s incredible if he tolerated it.

The fact was he signed up to the so called model and went along with it until performances, never mind adverse results, went to dog shit like Stoke away, Plymouth away, Huddersfield at home etc..

Adil needs a run in the side as to be fair to him he has been in and out of the team, often as a sub in negative situations when we’ve been losing etc.. His pedigree is good and he deserves a chance unlike people like Burstow and Hemir who are simply not good enough.

I agree. My post wasn’t a defence of Mowbray by any means. He signed up to it with at the very least an understanding of what he was coming into (Neil made it as clear as he could without saying it - that’s what managers do). And I’m always of the belief that if managers / coaches don’t like what’s going on they should walk. They’re comfortable financially and could demonstrate principle but they rarely do.

I’m amazed how few are acknowledging, when assessing his performance, that he was hung out to dry last night with where and how he was asked to play.

We’ll probably not see him again for ages now.

You’re right. And that points to an unbalanced squad and inadequate recruitment in the last window. If we’re resorting to hanging inexperienced overseas lads out to dry it doesn’t portray our recruitment model and / or quality in a particularly good light.

Of course. I'd still be selecting him ahead of Aouchiche mind.

Nature of the beast I guess. What he does isn't always going to work and he's not got pace or chipping in with regular goals. But workrate in terms of closing down and grafting, showing for and getting on the ball and probing play and finding a red and white shirt are there game in game out.

Difficult to judge some of them I guess without a striker ahead of them as we're probably asking things of them which aren't their natural games.

At least with Pritchard there is no doubt there's a footballer there and it's a start.

Last edited:
Nature of the beast I guess. What he does isn't always going to work and he's not got pace or chipping in with regular goals. But workrate in terms of closing down and grafting, showing for and getting on the ball and probing play and finding a red and white shirt are there game in game out.

Difficult to judge some of them I guess without a striker ahead of them as we're probably asking things of them which aren't their natural games.

At least with Pritchard there is no doubt there's a footballer there and it's a start.

Experience too.

If it means anything to anyone he’s ridiculous on footy manager.

14 goals 11 assists in the prem. we won it in our second season back like so it’s canny realistic

If it means anything to anyone he’s ridiculous on footy manager.

14 goals 11 assists in the prem. we won it in our second season back like so it’s canny realistic
He’s been shite for me.

In reality I thought he and Pritchard played a few decent killer balls v hull but we just had nobody running on to them. Ideally, I’d have rusyn going in behind, but he doesn’t seem to be fancied either. Odd situation all round.

I know it’s not a pressing issue but his defending is awful. I mean the basics of being able to hold up a man that you learn when you’re 8.

It cost us against Boro and they almost scored with that shot from outside the box yesterday.

What’s going on with this lad?
I think he looked good from the little bit I’ve seen of him, but despite changing our coach he’s still not getting in the starting 11, and despite poor performances from others today he didn’t get on.
He’s young but experienced compared to the majority of the squad, so if he’s not getting in by now then what is he doing at the club?

And today is exactly why, for months, I've been banging the drum that Aouchiche should be getting more game time.

He's played over 70 games in Ligue 1, a much better level than the Championship, and has shown enough in his brief glimpses to show that he can coast it at this level.

Crazy how he hasn't been given more consistent minutes rather than a start here and there, 10 minutes off the bench and then disappearing for weeks on end.

It's absolutely pointless continuing to do the above and expecting him to push on. He needs and deserves proper game time and is more than ready and capable for it.

And today is exactly why, for months, I've been banging the drum that Aouchiche should be getting more game time.

He's played over 70 games in Ligue 1, a much better level than the Championship, and has shown enough in his brief glimpses to show that he can coast it at this level.

Crazy how he hasn't been given more consistent minutes rather than a start here and there, 10 minutes off the bench and then disappearing for weeks on end.

It's absolutely pointless continuing to do the above and expecting him to push on. He needs and deserves proper game time and is more than ready and capable for it.
Hopefully the start of a good run. I expected him to be firmly first choice by now, probably as a 10.

Back