AC/DC Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

My dad used to say I would damage my ears, and he was right. Ted Nugent, I think it was, tipped them over the edge.
I get my hearing checked every year at work, they say my hearing is fine which surprises me no end considering the punishment they've had down the years. Pat travers, Rory Gallagher, Bachman turner overdrive, Rush, Iron maiden, it's a bloody miracle I'm not deaf as a post.

Went yesterday. We had a great little pub crawl round Croxley. The gig was brilliant, as mentioned, the crowd were bouncing. Those tacky flashing horns were brilliant once the sun went in as they flickered through the crowd. Managed to sneak a couple of swifties in at The Red House afterwards.

The highlight of the gig was a shot of the crowd on the big screens, a gorgeous young lass on her boyfriend's shoulders topless. A mighty fine pair.

All of them please.
Top answer!

Went yesterday. We had a great little pub crawl round Croxley. The gig was brilliant, as mentioned, the crowd were bouncing. Those tacky flashing horns were brilliant once the sun went in as they flickered through the crowd. Managed to sneak a couple of swifties in at The Red House afterwards.

The highlight of the gig was a shot of the crowd on the big screens, a gorgeous young lass on her boyfriend's shoulders topless. A mighty fine pair.
Missed it. Went out the back, our lass told me when I got back.:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching River Plate and I'm convinced no other band on the planet can make a crowd bounce like that. Class :cool:
Was fuckin' bedlam in there last night like. Bedlam.

That they were.

My mate reckoned it was ok but not great. (And the daft fucker loves them, despite the ribbing he gets). Ower much noise for me, like.
I'll be honest here... the band were fuckin' hellish. Johnson was immense and absolutely on form. Not Chris Slade's biggest fan but he did the job well last night - I'd like to say better than that 1991 Donnington DVD but that could be just me being fanciful.

Now the downside, I'm nee softy or owt, and don't like to kill anybody's buzz, but there was some first grade bellendery in that crowd last night. I've never been a fan of the whole hoying pints of piss about, and the twats pushing and surging forward was spoiling it a bit for me. I'm all for having a bit jump about, but some pissed numbskulls were taking it too far. Maybe they were having the time of their lives and can thank AC/DC for that, but that's not enjoying a band for me. Maybe if I'd have been more pissed and not looking out for me sister it would be a little different, but it was lifting in there like.

Last edited:
I'll be honest here... the band were fuckin' hellish. Johnson was immense and absolutely on form. Not Chris Slade's biggest fan but he did the job well last night - I'd like to say better than that 1991 Donnington DVD but that could be just me being fanciful.

Now the downside, I'm nee softy or owt, and don't like to kill anybody's buzz, but there was some first grade bellendery in that crowd last night. I've never been a fan of the whole hoying pints of piss about, and the twats pushing and surging forward was spoiling it a bit for me. I'm all for having a bit jump about, some some pissed numbskulls were taking it too far. Maybe they were having the time of their lives and can thank AC/DC for that, but that's not enjoying a band for me. Maybe if I'd have been more pissed and not looking out for me sister it would be a little different, but it was lifting in there like.
You're right like, no need for it. I thought they were good in 1979/80ish, but it all seems a bit repetitive for me these days. Glad you enjoyed the band at least!

Now the downside, I'm nee softy or owt, and don't like to kill anybody's buzz, but there was some first grade bellendery in that crowd last night. I've never been a fan of the whole hoying pints of piss about, and the twats pushing and surging forward was spoiling it a bit for me. I'm all for having a bit jump about, but some pissed numbskulls were taking it too far. Maybe they were having the time of their lives and can thank AC/DC for that, but that's not enjoying a band for me. Maybe if I'd have been more pissed and not looking out for me sister it would be a little different, but it was lifting in there like.
We got ourselves a couple of decent seats, did all my lowping about years ago, mind you the view of the crowd on the pitch was amazing from where we were, all round fantastic show. Shame a few knob heeds spoiled it for you.

I'd watched a few YouTube vids of recent gigs and thought his voice had sounded dodgy and was worried, but have to say from his opening line he was f***ing immense.

As for the crowd, I can't comment. We got ourselves some seats where we could view the crowd in all its glory and I actually enjoyed seeing that as much as the band themselves. If there was bellendery going on then that's unfortuante.

We got ourselves a couple of decent seats, did all my lowping about years ago, mind you the view of the crowd on the pitch was amazing from where we were, all round fantastic show. Shame a few knob heeds spoiled it for you.
Seem here like. I took a bit of a back seat to appreciate what i was seeing.

So did we, great seats and view. Served me time in the rock trenches. Absolutely mint gig, sound was great, excellent night all round.

Got to agree the heed horns stood out brilliant when it got dark.

I've never really rated Phil Rudd as a drummer. Always thought he was a one trick pony although that said he did it well enough. Never seen Chris Slade so I'll reserve judgement until November. More importantly though is how did Stevie compare to Malcolm. I'll admit I've got mixed feelings about this one. Obviously Malcolm isn't coming back and it just seems like the end of an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back