3rd Ashes Test: England V Australia 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali could be a decent bowler if he varies it a lot more.
Think he's miles away from being a frontline bowler. He doesn't spin it enough, nor does he get much drift (because of the lack of revolutions), no variation, no bounce.... He's a batsman

Taylor "This is painful to watch, as an Australian"
Boycs "No it's not, it's byoootiful, absolutely byoootiful" :lol:
Mark Taylor?

Last edited:
Bell said Boycott hunted him down this morning to tell him how stupid that shot was in the first innings. Not like Geoffrey to offer an opinion :lol:

I think he should be our new 20:20 batting coach
Boycott's opinion is always the same, that was a stupid shot. Nothing about what the bowler has done it's always the batman's fault. I don't understand you lot praising him so much, I think he's a prize dick.

(he was a good batter though before he quit England to destroy Yorkshire as captain)

Ali could be a decent bowler if he varies it a lot more.
did you hear Warne on Sky talking about side spin, overspin and drift with regard to Ali - good info from him and it pointed out the difference between a part time and a proper spin bowler.

Think he's miles away from being a frontline bowler. He doesn't spin it enough, nor does he get much drift (because of the lack of revolutions), no variation, no bounce.... He's a batsman

Mark Taylor?
Not suggesting that he would become world class, but I think he could be a good bowler for England.

did you hear Warne on Sky talking about side spin, overspin and drift with regard to Ali - good info from him and it pointed out the difference between a part time and a proper spin bowler.
One thing Warne knows is spin bowling. Absolute master of it. Watching that masterclass this morning was amazing - he was putting the ball exactly where Healy asked him to. This, after 8 years out of the sport!! 8 years man...

Not suggesting that he would become world class, but I think he could be a good bowler for England.
He has an awful lot to learn. At the moment, I'd rate him behind Root in terms of wicket taking ability

Boycott's opinion is always the same, that was a stupid shot. Nothing about what the bowler has done it's always the batman's fault. I don't understand you lot praising him so much, I think he's a prize dick.

(he was a good batter though before he quit England to destroy Yorkshire as captain)
Love Boycott

I don't know if anyone one listened to The Verdict but they were pretty dismissive of Rushworth's chances especially Tom Moody who thought he was a standard County bowler who wouldn't step up.

tbh. people talk about pace as if that was the be all and end all but Botham was pretty medium pace (apart from one period when he decided he wanted to be a speed merchant). I recall the ball drifting down the track and the Aussies were unable to lay a bat on him, so unless the ball has changed or the atmospherics are different ........

I don't know if anyone one listened to The Verdict but they were pretty dismissive of Rushworth's chances especially Tom Moody who thought he was a standard County bowler who wouldn't step up.

tbh. people talk about pace as if that was the be all and end all but Botham was pretty medium pace (apart from one period when he decided he wanted to be a speed merchant). I recall the ball drifting down the track and the Aussies were unable to lay a bat on him, so unless the ball has changed or the atmospherics are different ........
McGrath was one of the best ever and he was never rapid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back